straps

anyone got any ideas for straps and fixings im getting a new cbg soon and want something different best ive seen so far is a the waist band of a old pair of levis 

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 305833980?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• lal,

Here's what I do:

Oily's Homemade Braided Straps

My first 10 homemade braided guitar straps. A simple three-string braid, made from Ace Hardware 3/8" cotton clothesline (about $4). The rearmost straps are stained with Lipton Orange Pekoe / Black tea fro 24 hours, to make 'em look old / used. The light fixture is a copper-and-glass Ramadan lamp from Morocco, wired up for electricity.

• Ron, how do you attach your straps? I have a button hole in a flap of leather for a strap button on the tail end, but i'm debating on the other end... I don't think I want to stress the neck by tying on behind the nut at the head.
    • i really like them gonna have to practise plaiting i think 

• It's dead easy. Practice with some twine or string first (I used the drawstring for the Venetian blinds >:-E ). I can do 3 or 4  of these while watching a movie for a coupla hours. After the first one, I almost don't have to look at my hands :-)

• so is it a 3 cord plait im looking for im looking on google 

• I think about half of those in my pic are 3's, but then I went to 4's for a slightly wider strap.

• ill practise on 3 i think first thanks for your input 

• old leather belts, dog leads, nylon webbing etc  from car boot sales, also I have just used old thick string for that real cheap and dirty look.

• funny you say that im thinking braided dog leads they even have a clip attached to them thanks for the idea 

This reply was deleted.