Hi everybody..I've been keeping my head down for a while...busy with work, guitar shows etc...but I'm back in the saddle for the run-up to Boxstock.

As you may know, we are back at The Public in West Bromwich this year. I had a tech meet with them this week, and will be finalising the running order shortly. Basically, on Saturday we will be kicking off at 10.00am, and running the morning sessons until 1.00pm The break for lunch will include a couple of 'showcase performances' in the ground floor lobby/cafe area, se we'll be keeping activities rolling all thru' the day. The afternoon will run 2 -5.00 pm, concluding with our first HGMC annual General Meeting don't worry, we'll keep is short and to the point!

The evening gig is underway at 8.00pm. This year we are in the theatre rather than the "Pink Tank" space, so it's a more intimate space for the evening gig, and they have a great PA system too.  The bar will be open until midnight, and the building itself closes at 1.00 am.  We are aiming to leave ourselves with a bit of time after the main performances to chill-out and jam to wind the evening down.

If you haven't bought a ticket yet, it helps retain what's left of my sanity to know how many people are likely to be arriving on the day.  I particular, because we are aiming to repeat some of the players workshops for smaller groups so that you don't need to make a choice of one activity or another, it will really help me programme this. Of course I don't want to get too formal about it, but I do need to do some planning to make sure these activities work as well as we can make them.

OK..bye for now..and hopefully I'll be seeing quite a few of you in a few weeks time.

Views: 2270

Replies to This Discussion

It's cool that we're beginning to spread the load out a little..having Malc doing the graphics this year for HGMC and Boxstock has been fantastic..as it was something I have neither the time nor ability to do it justice, and also having him on board to help with publicity is great.

Much gratitude to Godfather and his evil sidekick Roosterman..Superb job this year-number of stalls up/number of attendees up/number of event/workshops/open mics up/superior gig venue/mindblowing headline act.Congratulations for pulling it off bigger n better than ever.

Err...not much to live up to then for next year's event! I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about the downsides "if only I'd done such-and-such..." but while everything is still fresh in my mind, I'm already trying to pull together my thoughts as to what direction next year's event will take. As well as that, there's a whole load of things that I'd like to move forward with for next year...ideas that had just started to happen over the past year from which things may hopefully grow. I may open another discussion to sound out these ideas.

HOLLOWBELLY said:

Much gratitude to Godfather and his evil sidekick Roosterman..Superb job this year-number of stalls up/number of attendees up/number of event/workshops/open mics up/superior gig venue/mindblowing headline act.Congratulations for pulling it off bigger n better than ever.

Im with you HB !!

what a crackin Fest ...love`d it  you all made it special........ Thank you

HOLLOWBELLY said:

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

Pink Toothbrush Alternative Market & Record fair

Started by Keith 66. Last reply by Keith 66 Apr 24, 2023. 1 Reply

Small box woes?

Started by Sleepy John. Last reply by Jock MacHinery Jun 15, 2020. 12 Replies

Newby

Started by David Tarry. Last reply by David Bowes May 11, 2020. 7 Replies

FX rigs and recommendations

Started by Alex Rigby Mar 25, 2019. 0 Replies

London One Man Band festival with Hollowbelly

Started by Blind Boy Fullers. Last reply by Blind Boy Fullers Mar 20, 2019. 4 Replies

Best Amp

Started by Seasick Mick. Last reply by Seasick Mick Mar 13, 2019. 18 Replies

Looking to play some festivals next year

Started by Alex Rigby. Last reply by Alex Rigby Jan 13, 2019. 3 Replies

New Site goes live!!

Started by John Pilling. Last reply by t-belly johnson Oct 30, 2018. 14 Replies

Demise of Gibson

Started by Sleepy John. Last reply by Sleepy John May 3, 2018. 3 Replies

boxes for sale

Started by Rick D. Last reply by Tony Dec 14, 2017. 5 Replies

My latest build - hubcap resonator

Started by Alex Rigby. Last reply by Slow Blues Dani & Ol' Grey Bear Oct 10, 2017. 4 Replies

My CBG

Started by Steve. Last reply by Steve Sep 13, 2017. 2 Replies

Some of my songs

Started by Alex Rigby. Last reply by Alex Rigby Jun 7, 2017. 2 Replies

School project

Started by Keith 66. Last reply by Michael Fred Johnson Feb 5, 2017. 8 Replies

Old Timers

Started by Mal Chilvers. Last reply by David L. Oct 13, 2016. 2 Replies

Looking to get started

Started by Hubert Knight. Last reply by Hubert Knight Oct 11, 2016. 6 Replies

I Could Really Do With A Jig !

Started by Philip Hale. Last reply by Philip Hale Aug 5, 2016. 19 Replies

Help with parts please

Started by Toofy Peg. Last reply by Fomhorach Jun 14, 2016. 19 Replies

Brass Eyelets - big ones - where to get?

Started by Alex Rigby. Last reply by Fomhorach Apr 27, 2016. 16 Replies

Latest Activity

A.D.EKER commented on Dar Stellabotta's video
Thumbnail

Wooden Guitar Slides from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Demo!!!!

"Great Sliding ! But to be honest i dont hear that much a differens,  beleave the Glass is a…"
2 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Up the Hill A D Eker 2024

"thanks AGP;# ! much appriciated !"
2 hours ago
Crazed Fandango added a discussion to the group Introduce Yourself!
Thumbnail

Better late than never...

After joining this forum in 2014, I finally have my 1st CBG which my wife bought for me at the…See More
4 hours ago
Bernie Edwards liked J. D. Woods's photo
4 hours ago
Crazed Fandango joined Cigar Box Nation's group
Thumbnail

Introduce Yourself!

We wanna know who you are! Where ya from? What'cha buildin'? This is a place for new members to…See More
4 hours ago
Crazed Fandango liked Nomad Jack's discussion Busking Songs...
5 hours ago
Fantacone Box Works commented on Dar Stellabotta's video
7 hours ago
Fantacone Box Works commented on Ghostbuttons's photo
Thumbnail

Four projects

"Very nice"
7 hours ago
Dar Stellabotta posted a video

Wooden Guitar Slides from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Demo!!!!

In this video I compare the three different wooden slides made by David Bell and Phil Young up against my Dunlop glass slide! I gotta say these wooden slides...
7 hours ago
Fantacone Box Works posted a status
"Thanks Brian. We'll that's mighty exclusive."
7 hours ago
Ghostbuttons commented on Ghostbuttons's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_2850

"Four recent projects. All 23 inch GDG. From left (bottom): 1.  20 years ago I worked for the…"
8 hours ago
Ghostbuttons posted a photo
8 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->