I'm building a Combo Amp for someone.
The cabinet is Pine 13" wide x 15" tall and 11" deep. All glued together and used a 1/2" roundover bit in my router for the edges.
Thanks, I hope it works out too. Should be better than the N1.
Nutz, yes. Price? I recently finished building a tube amplifier. Every capacitor, resistor, etc. was installed correctly. All solder joints were great. Continuity was fluid. All grounds were centrally located to one point (no ground loops). Both transformers were high quality brand new units.
Fired it up...nothing but a humming noise.
Took it to my local electronics repair shop...discovered the brand new input jacks had shorted when tightening them.
Nutz? Oh yeah, nutz.
Glad we could be of help Oily. Haha
Took the old paint down to bare metal, made sure there wasn't any rust and put a good coat of primer on it. Painted a coat of bright Copper/Gold, waited for it to dry a couple days, then painted a Candy Red Metalflake(Large flake like 70's paint), let that dry a couple days and then put 3 coats of clear on that. The whole process took 2 weeks because I had to wait for good weather for spraying.
Looked great. Went for a ride came back and parked it in the drive out in the sun. Went back out to put it up and had cracks and bubbles in the paint. I wasn't in a good mood.
Got my chips Saturday from Jameco. Will try to get back to this tomorrow.
Got it working.
Ended up using 10uf caps in the output wires to the speaker.
All I have left to do is cover the speaker baffle, affix it to the cabinet and wire the speaker. Then it's done.
It was all in the chips. I just replaced those crappy N1's with the N3's and bingo.
I opened up my original amp that I made, replaced the chips and added the caps to the output line and it works fine now.
Correct. The first chips were IM386N1's, now we have IM386N3's.