Eyyy

I am, next to a instrument diy-er, also a student in electrical engineering. This has allowed me to custom design a bunch of circuits to my own taste and function.

I started out with a bunch of fuzz and distortion pedals, but soon started playing with chasing the perfect overdrive tone for doom/stoner/blues. I use a fuzz dialed back and and the volume knob also dialed way back for overdrive.

I was wondering if there are more people designing circuits from scratch

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

Probably...I'm just feeling lucky if I can connect the pickup, pots and jack.  Electronic engineering is like modern car stuff.  I prefer points and condenser ignition over the computer stuff.  I know how to fix it at the side of the road.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

10 minute Fuzz

Started by BrianQ.. Last reply by BrianQ. Jul 14, 2022. 3 Replies

10 Min. Fuzz with Volume Control

Started by BrianQ.. Last reply by BrianQ. May 13, 2020. 1 Reply

One Transistor Boost

Started by BrianQ.. Last reply by BrianQ. Apr 23, 2020. 2 Replies

Simple Overdrive pedal

Started by BrianQ. Dec 1, 2018. 0 Replies

Does anyone design their own circuits?

Started by Iain T.S.. Last reply by Thomas "Duck" Petry May 13, 2018. 1 Reply

Intro and some Help...

Started by Bernie Mango Feb 28, 2014. 0 Replies

Latest Activity

Dar Stellabotta posted a video

A Cigar Box Guitar Six Stringer Built by Louie Lamanna

This video is the unboxing and the demonstration of a beautiful, six stringer built by Louie Lamanna. Join Louie and I June 15 at the second annual Pittsburg...
7 minutes ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Hail the Resurrection Day: 2-String Violin Chugger Cigar Box Guitar

"Happy Easter to you too Andries! The passion is definitely in full swing. Turns out I’m…"
48 minutes ago
A.D.EKER commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Hail the Resurrection Day: 2-String Violin Chugger Cigar Box Guitar

"Happy Easter Doug ! the Passion is in full swing !"
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on Ricky D's photo
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
1 hour ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked A.D.EKER's video
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Ricky D's photo
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
5 hours ago

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->