Reso

I am working on my second build and was making a resonator come for the guitar. I made mine from the bottom of a coffee can. I have never seen anyone do this so I am adding this pic. Let me know what you think!

image.jpeg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks all! Good luck with the build Rose, look forward to seeing it!

• 306607957?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Looks great, should work good man.

I've done something similar to this on quite a few builds, just went up instead of down. Sound is nice and big with a hint of banjo.

You only need a hole if you are using a rod piezo in the saddle.

• Love the yardstick!
    • Thanks for clarifying about the hole, I didnt know either.

That looks fantastic!

• Thanks for the info......that guitar looks awesome!!!! I hope mine looks and plays this well. AWESOME
  • Did you do that on a lathe? It looks very smooth, very nice!

• No I used a simple metal embossing trick. I used a Ballpeen hammer. I did not hit it with the hammer but I used the rounded part of the hammer as a giant embossing tool. I pressed it out this way or maybe you could say I smoothed out the ridges and made domes
    • I forgot to say I started out on news paper then went to 1/4 inch foam.
    • Will you make any kind of a cover for that?

• I am not sure. I don't know how to weld. I have a pot lid that if I cut a hole in the center of it and then cut out a design on the sides it would look good I think. It is a really heavey stainless steel pot lid and I don't have the tools for cutting it. Do you think a wooden top would work?
This reply was deleted.