Logos

Howdy all. Yep.".another obsess or has joined the ranks. I haven't even started building yet and I am obsessed! Is that bad? Please be gentle....I have seen many a great guitar with great logos. I too, want to create and add a logo to my builds. Has anyone gone through the legal process of registering their logo? If so....what should I expect? Do I need patience and rubber boots, a fat wallet, or just a big voice? Thank you in advance. Pick On!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 306386756?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024I had a logo reproduced in Waterslide decals.

• Done and...done. Created, sealed, mailed, stored...ordered stamp and on my way. Thanks everyone.

image.jpg

• You don't necessarily have to register a logo to use it.  As long as the artwork is original and yours then you can use it.  
    By using it (as long as you date when you started using it) you have a working copyright.  You can also design up, and print out your logo, and throw it into the mail.  Mail it to yourself, but don't open the parcel.  This is considered a "poor man's" copyright, but will hold up in court.  You're basically using the US Government to say, "Yep, this guy drew up this design and has proof of it here is this envelope".  

If you still want to register the logo then check out this link and it will show the process in a nutshell.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4840227_register-company-name-logo.html

• I'm sorry Brian as this is a rather old discussion, but can you make the same thing with a headstock design?  I made what I think is an original design and would like to make it mine. I don't know if it's unique as people have been building guitars for ages, also I don't want to go through all the trouble and expense of getting a patent.

• Brian....brilliant. I will do just this and put the letter in my lock box(fore proof). Design in the works now. I do want to get a stamp or branding stamp though for ease of application. You guys rock! Thank you so much.
  • I haven't used it on a cigar box guitar yet, but this is what I did for a headstock logo on my electric ukulele (which is shaped like a miniature Fender Telecaster.)

Neck27.jpg

This is a 1/2" x 2" custom wood stamp from www.rubberstamps.net. It cost about $8, I uploaded the artwork to their website and had the finished stamp in hand about 3 days later! 

The ink is a permanent ink intended for smooth, non-porous surfaces. It runs about $11 for the pad.

Jim

• So simple and elegant. Thats awesome. I spent too much time on mine already. Didn't even think about doing it the simple way. But putting "sanders" on doesnt have the same ring as yours. Maybe I should change my name.....thanks Jim
This reply was deleted.