Folks, the Grafton has reserved the whole back room for us, with comfy couches and roaring fireplace and everything!

Sunday, October 17
2pm  - ?
The Grafton Pub
4530 N. Lincoln Avenue, just south of the Old Town School (and often referred to as the OTS Annex)
http://www.thegrafton.com/

and a cool pub review:

http://www.chibarproject.com/Reviews/Grafton/Grafton.htm

Contact me if you have any questions!  Bring a couple instruments, some boxes to trade, a few tunes in your head and a friend!

Diane

Views: 183

Replies to This Discussion

have fun , maybe i will see you guys next time . i would a brought my mini amps , and a four stringer , but .

i cant make the drive (back injury) .

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/4694/aa008.jpg

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2500/sdc15241.jpg

anyone traveling past westmont , or coming in from !-55 from the west willing to let me hitch a ride ?
That was great! So glad to meet each of you in real life and to see and play your instruments.

So, shall we meet again in April or so?

And whoever has photos, please post!
Great time yesterday! Thank you Diane for organizing the event. Sounds good for another one in April - or sooner!
I enjoyed myself yesterday too, well worth the drive. It was great to meet all you fine folks and see all of the creativity of those in attendance. I saw some real cool stuff you guys n' gals, nice work ! My only regret, it didn't last long enough. ;-)
Great to see you all yesterday, big big thanks to Diane for doing the legwork.
(Again in April? Sounds good).
Paul H
Just got back home to Phoenix from my former stomping ground Chicago. I had a great time at the Chicago cbg group's first annual meet up. The Grafton is a cool pub, the weather was picture perfect and that part of the city has a very cool vibe. Here's a group shot of everyone

that turned up.
Great photo Thirstn Howl ! I was wonderin' tho', could ya' airbrush my pupils back to the center of my eyes ? hahaha... Love your name n' it's clever spellin'by the way. Was a fun get together, thanks for postin' this. - Wally

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

Renegade Mini Fair in PIlsen June 22&23

Started by Kimmer Olesak. Last reply by Glenn Kaiser Jun 19, 2014. 7 Replies

Handmade Music Exhibit in Rockford, IL

Started by Diane in Chicago Sep 16, 2012. 0 Replies

Saturday, May 14 at the Grafton!

Started by Diane in Chicago. Last reply by Alex May 27, 2011. 10 Replies

Sunday, October 17 a 2pm at the Grafton! We're on!

Started by Diane in Chicago. Last reply by ProfWaldo Nov 6, 2010. 19 Replies

Chicago area CBG makers meetup?

Started by Mister Scott. Last reply by Diane in Chicago Oct 16, 2010. 13 Replies

west suburbs

Started by petey twofinger. Last reply by petey twofinger Oct 5, 2010. 3 Replies

Starting out

Started by Kimmer Olesak. Last reply by ProfWaldo Oct 3, 2010. 2 Replies

Spring! Meeting of the Chicago Cigar Box Guitar Guild on April 18!

Started by Diane in Chicago. Last reply by Diane in Chicago Apr 13, 2010. 19 Replies

article about DIANE

Started by BILL. Last reply by Roger Martin Feb 18, 2010. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Dar Stellabotta posted a video

A Cigar Box Guitar Six Stringer Built by Louie Lamanna

This video is the unboxing and the demonstration of a beautiful, six stringer built by Louie Lamanna. Join Louie and I June 15 at the second annual Pittsburg...
5 minutes ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Hail the Resurrection Day: 2-String Violin Chugger Cigar Box Guitar

"Happy Easter to you too Andries! The passion is definitely in full swing. Turns out I’m…"
46 minutes ago
A.D.EKER commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Hail the Resurrection Day: 2-String Violin Chugger Cigar Box Guitar

"Happy Easter Doug ! the Passion is in full swing !"
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on Ricky D's photo
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
1 hour ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked A.D.EKER's video
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Ricky D's photo
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
5 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->