Hi all.

I've just joined the group after finding out that my Dad, who I was estranged from, died in March last year. It seems my sister knew all along and although we're estranged too she does have my address and could have gotten a message to me. Family, eh?! 

I should perhaps mention that I'm not Christian or anything, though I guess technically I'm a back slidden born again Christian as I was very devout in my faith many moons ago. It may be hypocritical to ask this but if you could hold my family in prayer and Dani too as she supports me through this time then I'd really appreciate it.

Just feeling very unsettled right now and my head's kind of muddled with trying to figure out how I should be feeling. I grew up in the care of the state because of things related to my Dad and Mum and everyone in the family is fractured because of it. Hence I don't know whether to scream, cry, collapse, implode or just try and move on at least knowing the health risks to me related to how he passed. Yeah, just don't know if I'm coming or going but trying to carry on with things as well as possible.

Prayers appreciated anyway and thanks for listening. I think just typing this out and actually telling someone may help but prayers are definitely appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Bear

Views: 190

Replies to This Discussion

Bear, I will pray for you. Just remember that Father is never too far away to walk back to; one step is all it takes.

Walt

Thanks for the prayers, Walt. They're very much appreciated. Really.

A prayer and good wishes sent up. 

Bear, nothing wrong to request prayer and good wishes.   When I was laid up this past spring, I truly believe prayer and good wishes helped me considerably. 

And I will second what Walter said.

Thanks for your prayers Uncle John. Greatly appreciated. I too believe in the power of prayer. I was told by my sister in the 80s that the doctors said she had zero percent chance of children due to issues. We prayed for about a year in weekly Bible study classes until she fell pregnant and today she has an eldest girl, twin boys and twin girls. Now they all have children of their own. Thanks again Uncle John.

Hey brother...

Not sure what to tell you.

To quote a line from a movie, "I do know there s a God and I ain't Him..."  Some Christians have all the answers.  I just try to understand the questions. ;)

Prayers for peace to you, my friend.  God is pretty big.  He can handle doubts.  He is patient and really loves you.

Thank you for being vulnerable. 

In Christ,
Alan

Thanks for the prayers Alan. I truly do appreciate them. 

Good bless you and your family, God is always there with his arms wide open, come on back to the fold!

Thanks for the prayers Beetlejuice. Much appreciated my friend.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Of course prayers your way.

Regarding confused feelings about estranged family...It's  perfectly normal.  Had an older brother die this summer.  We would be polite to each other but could never get over our "history".  I went to the funeral and still wonder who this great man the people taked about was.

No one can judge the rightness of your feelings.  Let your heart be open to God's healing grace.

Thanks Sam. I appreciate it. 

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

We all like to share

Started by Lenny Henderson Mar 19, 2019. 0 Replies

How He Loves - chords

Started by Kirk. Last reply by Alan Hergert Jan 26, 2018. 5 Replies

Worship Set

Started by Alan Hergert. Last reply by Alan Hergert Jan 19, 2018. 12 Replies

Just found out my Dad's died and feel prayers couldn't hurt.

Started by Slow Blues Dani & Ol' Grey Bear. Last reply by Slow Blues Dani & Ol' Grey Bear Oct 22, 2017. 10 Replies

Prayer Request

Started by Alan Hergert. Last reply by 3 String Blues Jul 18, 2017. 7 Replies

Prayer for Friends Husband

Started by Walter Haapapuro. Last reply by Walter Haapapuro Mar 20, 2017. 2 Replies

Witchita Sam injured

Started by Dan Sleep. Last reply by Wichita Sam Mar 8, 2016. 5 Replies

Redeemed

Started by Alan Hergert. Last reply by Alan Hergert Feb 9, 2016. 3 Replies

Wounded Warrior Pvt. Luke Wedgeworth

Started by Jeff "Sweet T" Tinsley. Last reply by Truth Instruments Apr 18, 2015. 3 Replies

A song for Easter

Started by Wyndham Dennison Apr 12, 2011. 0 Replies

CBG songs

Started by Michael Wayne Bragg Jun 28, 2010. 0 Replies

WHat are doing for Haitian Relief?

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by Wichita Sam Apr 19, 2010. 8 Replies

Personal Christmas Traditions

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by David Alan Stevens Dec 27, 2009. 2 Replies

Priorities, priorities, priorities

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by David Alan Stevens Dec 10, 2009. 2 Replies

Lay My "Burdens" Down

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by Kevin Sprague (Knotlenny) Oct 15, 2009. 6 Replies

What's Wrong with Church???

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by Wichita Sam Sep 14, 2009. 33 Replies

IRON 8 and "Destined to Sin?"

Started by Kevin M. Kraft. Last reply by Kevin M. Kraft Sep 11, 2009. 12 Replies

Where in your life is it hardest to be "Christian"?

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by OLD HORSE May 23, 2009. 23 Replies

What's Your Big Dream for 2009

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by Jawbone Jan 11, 2009. 8 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->