Pots

Allright so here's the deal:

I got an old B&O reciever with one chanel blown that i changed into a guitar amp, using the phono in works fine for my crappy home made pickups, but whenever someone with a real guitar comes by they only have one option: heavy distortion, since their output is way bigger then mine. 

So I was thinking that i wanted to put a pot on the wire leading into the phono in so i can get clean sounds when i want to....

Now, i don't know jack about what the things pots say mean, i built some effects, but only by following schematics and doing what i'm told, so in this case i'm lost.

What kind of pot should i get? how many K's and what type?

thanks in advance! 

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My first try would be to plug an RCA to 1/4" adaptor into the receiver's Aux port and the guitar into the adaptor.

If that fails, studying up on pads uneeda-audio.com/pads/ will be in order.

John

• I don't think a pot is going to do it, I think you need a DI Box.

• There doesn't seem much point in adding a pot to the input, just turn the vol pot down on the guitar - same effect - lowering the signal level.

• true, but that doesn't work for accoustic pickups, or at least not all accoustic pickups.

We ran into this situation a couple of times, it's hardly a big problem, but i figured for the price of a pot and 2 minutes of soldering i would get some more options on this amp.

This reply was deleted.