Have another post about having a CBG built, but also entertaining the idea of building one. I have tools, constantly build and wrench stuff but I'm kind of burned out with band, work, kids and fixing all the "Made in China" crap that's always breaking around the house. 

So, here's a premade box. I was contemplating this. Is this pretty much a bolt on thing? That is bolt on the neck, router out a neck pickup slot, wire and go? Of course I'd need to know exactly how to place the bridge. It's the small stuff and the learning curve that frustrate me. However like I said, it seems that most builders are months out, so that's why I'm thinking about building one. 

Anyhow, here's what I'm looking at. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOADED-CIGAR-BOX-6-STRING-REAL-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-BODY-/200621229197?pt=Guitar&hash=item2eb5f5048d#ht_2103wt_952

I'd probably replace that mahogany with a piece of poplar as the mahogany looks ugly as hell. 

And this. 

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=TN4109&Body=1&Path=Neck

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well I could route out a section of that block and that wouldn't weaken it that bad you think?
  • Looking at the pictures on the ebay listing it is as you say - a bolt and go but adding the neck pick up depends upon how picky you are with the placement.  If you look closely the plank of wood you screw the neck to is held by 2 blocks of wood to the lid and one is where the neck pickup usually is.  If you rout out a pickup socket here this will weaken it and if you go below this the pickup will be much lower down than a typical tele neck pick up (fine if you want it there).

• had to study his pic a bit.  kinda pricey for about 50.00 worth of materials if shopped right.  here is a pic of a cbg i built from a cigar box.  counting the neck and parts and shipping, i've about 75.00 in it.  not really that haerd to do
    305750181?profile=original
This reply was deleted.