Fellow CBG Builders -

There's a nice high end "cigar bar" near me that always has a good selection of high quality cigar boxes for sale. I recently picked up two beautiful lacquered boxes from them. I'm wondering if anyone has a good suggestion on how to make a cut for a neck slot on them? I haven't worked with a lacquered surface yet... Any suggestions on getting a clean cut would be most appreciated! 

Thanks in advance,

Will

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Eric is right about the tape. I used one of those yellow lacquer MC boxes for a cbg...and suggest taping the area to be cut so the marks/lines to cut are in the middle of the tape. Before putting any drill bit, chisel, or saw to the task, use a very sharp Exacto knife, and a solid metal straight edge to score your cut lines first...go slow, and be sure to cut through the layer of lacquer. Then continue removing the unwanted material/neck slot/ect. as needed. This will ensure that the lacquer does not chip.

But if, for some act of fate's bad sense of humor, you do chip an edge a little, a little dab of black nail polish will touch it up nicely.

This reply was deleted.