Replies

• Finally finished! It took way too long. I got sidetracked with a new job, the holidays, etc. Anyway, I finally got it sorted and I really like how it came out.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AYyOGVOHbLFeXewR2
    • nic git, turned out great

• Good lookin' git, Scotty. Your friend will be smilin' for sure! I like selling gits when I do, but makin' a gift is even more rewarding.

• I put the body together the other day. Here it is mocked up. Stepped neck, Wisconsin plate, walnut fret board, and Strat style bridge.

3E6F0D95-FCD1-47CC-BF0F-114A26765192.jpeg

• A nice personalized touch.

• Very nice, my eyes were drawn to the headstock immediately.

• Very cool idea.  Are you going to paint or burn more detail into it?

• I thought about that a lot and I don’t think so. The tuning keys will come out at the axles but I think that’s as far as I’ll go. I thought about accenting the tires or the windows but I think subtle is better. Let the imagination fill in the details ;)

What do you think?
      • 306650137?profile=originalwood burn just a little more detail, just a little, or you'll get at least a few folks ask what kind of lock pick skeleton key SciFi probe it was modeled after, lol

• You might be right :) I think I’ll finish it bare to start and see if the tuning keys as axles gives it enough definition. If not, some more details will be in order.
This reply was deleted.