Replies

• JL is 100% correct.,I tend to think of 16 and 8 ohm loads, but for a little Gitty amp he is spot on.,.most amps do not like a 2 ohm load unless they were designed that way.,.,.,cheers.,.,

• Wired in series it is

thanks

and yes it is two of little Gitty speakers and one 2.5 amp board

• I did 2 of them as weekend projects, 1 with stepson, and 1 with stepgrandson, and we did the 2 speakers in series on both, turned out great.  And you can hear a difference in timber with the box open or closed.

• I assume it is an amp board like in the gitty kit? it can handle a speaker load of 4-8 ohms, 1 or 2 of the gitty speakers in series.  wired in parallel and the speakers present a 2 ohm load and the board might cook with too small of a resistance on the output.

• Or as an option wire them in parallel.,., For series wiring connect the + side of one speaker to the - side of the other speaker. This will leave you with one open + and one open - to connect to the amps output. For parallel wiring combine the - leads on one side and combine the + leads on the other, and connect the combined leads to the output of the amp. Confusing ???

• wire them in series and treat the pair like a single speaker.

This reply was deleted.