who's the builder?

Just stopped in to local shop - Rosewood Vintage Guitars in Sharon, PA- and Tommy has a sweet little cigarbox dulcimer on display. He's not sure who made it, but he picked it up after we were talking about cbg's and the Nation. Don't have pictures yet, but trying to help him learn who built. It is a little yellow Partagas box, oak neck, set up with dulcimer strings, but reversed order from the lap style. Two telling marks, 1st on the fretboard - a branded in sun and 2nd on the back of box, a branded in key with a 3-lobed head. Anyone know these markings? It's cool to see it hanging there for sale with all the beautiful and pricy vintage stuff he has. His website is www.rosewoodvintageguitars.com if anyone wants to check it out. I'm about to go see if he has it on his website.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hey bro suprised Tommy 's not sure of the builder. no signature huh? i think he should devote a whole room to cbg's Wadya think? Ive got some sources for pieces and parts for you gimmie a shout
  • I'm with you on that Bair. The cigar shop owner down the street asked me to build her one out of a bright red romeo y julieta she gave me. this thing would look knockout with a few brass highlights. planning it out now.
  • its on there t-bird i just got a look at it it is really cool looking.partagas has nice boxes fer looks,someone told me that [for some strange reason] yellow and red cigarbox guitars sell better than other colors [to the general public that is] look under other oddities,for the yellow partagas cigarbox dulcimer. i like the looks of yellow boxes cause they stand out with any kind of background behind them.
  • Just confirmed, it is on his site if you click on "oddities" in the left nav.
This reply was deleted.