Hi all

My analogue Seiko tuner that I have had for over 20 year is starting to play up a little and I was thinking of geting a new one.

I have seen clip on types, which look ideal but having no experience of them I just wondered has anyone got a view or advice.

Also how do they fair tuning up CBG's

Best Regards

Prof.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. It has proved really helpful. I think on reflection I will go for the Snark Red.

Regs. Prof.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Not funny. Not helpful. Quite idiotic. Nothing against nobody really. 

• Polish Chop Stix?   Nothing against nobody really.

• Taking your advice Keni, ordered a Snark SN-2 off of Ebay. Super sweet price. Will see how it works.

• I already bought 5 of them. Gave 4 to friends & family. All still working and undamaged... It's probably your violinist's grip, Diane >:)

"Red" is actually not about the color -- they make blue ones - optimized for guitar in standard tuning, and red - for all stringed (but not only stringed) instruments...

Diane in Chicago said:

The Snark tuners can be hard to read in bright light, though.  I like the black ones with a backlit display better. 

Plus, I broke my Snark in about five minutes after I got it out of the box.  The swivel neck is kind of fragile.  Now it is held together with contact cement.  >:-(

I wanted to like it!  It is red!

• old school, you go Chickenbone-

• I have two clip on tuners from Gitty.  INexpensive.  Work great.

• Forget digital, this is the one...cheap, compact, reliable, no batteries required.

305765662?profile=original

• There are quite a few online tuners out there. Obviously not much help if you're sat in a field with no PC, that's when the electronic tuner would be useful. For home tuning by ear I've found the two below quite good. Umpteen variations of tunings and for different instruments. Worth a look.

Gieson Online tuner

Get tuned Tuner

• Red is good but I got one at Guitar Center in a little box on counter and whatever one  Mr Gitty sells plus the old analog and the newer analog and I got a lot of stuff. The currency really is worthless, you know.

• The Snark tuners can be hard to read in bright light, though.  I like the black ones with a backlit display better. 

Plus, I broke my Snark in about five minutes after I got it out of the box.  The swivel neck is kind of fragile.  Now it is held together with contact cement.  >:-(

I wanted to like it!  It is red!

This reply was deleted.