Hi All.. I am trying to purchase A nice 3 string CBG for my brother. Now I know really nothing about CBG's at all. I have been trying to research the internet trying to find information about purchasing A great guitar.

A little about my brother. He has been playing guitar for years and he does play great. He had A stay in the hospital and that is when I found out he would LOVE to have A CBG. So being the great sister I am I started looking online. Found out really fast this hunt would be harder than I thought. I tried to find A review of CBG's and found since they are all so one of a kind .. it is hard to review one builder to another. I am trying to find A CBG that is REALLY nice to play and not just pretty to hang on the wall. If anyone on this board can give me suggestions I would LOVE it.

Thanks

Sandy

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi sandy,
    Don't know if you have found a guitar for your brother yet. If not give me a call. I have some really super 3 and 4 stringers for sale. You can check out my page on cigar box nation and watch some of my videos. My guitars are played professionaly.
    Thanks
    Ed Wentling
    Bayou Blues Guitars
    724 372 9706
  • Wow.. thanks to all of you for all your help.. with your info I feel Im not going to make mistakes.. thanks all

rockcity said:
    Charlie Mojo makes great guitars..

Wes Yates said:
    My suggestion are these:

John McNair/3 string guitar (RedDog Guitars)
    Tiny Guitars
    Josh Gayou (Smokehouse Guitars)
    Daddy Mojo Guitars

Just to name a FEW (and there are LOTS more)

-WY
  • Charlie Mojo makes great guitars..

Wes Yates said:
    My suggestion are these:

Tiny Guitars
    Daddy Mojo Guitars

-WY
  • Hello Sandy,

Your head must be spinning now. You stepped into a real cave of Tigers. LOL
    I will make a suggestion too. Please check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/user/KeniLeeBurgess#p/c/8ED38E199F32976C/2/t...

My friend Jim Mitchell at www.cigarcitycbgs.com makes a very fine instrument.
    Please feel free to write if I can be of any further assitance.
    Enjoy, Keni Lee
  • And you might check:

http://www.humidorguitars.com
  • Hey there if its not to late you might also consider Mike Snowden guitars he is not on the nation but he makes a fine instrument at a good price. Mike has a couple of CD's out so you can hear what his builds sound like. Then there is also Jamie at Second hand CBG's another player that knows how to make a real instrument.... No knock on anyone else including myself, yes I build instruments also... Nice thing you are doing for your brother.... From my point of view I would recommend a fretted instrument and that you pay attention to the height of the stings off of the fingerboard.... If it is too high it will be more difficult to play finger style.He is bound to be pleased happy shopping...Oh and you may want to take a look at Keni Lee Burgess on ebay he has some pretty good instructional information on how to play bottle neck guitar and slide.... Take care... Jim
  • Outhouse Instruments

Matt
  • And I'd add Darren Dukes/Back Porch Mojo. He's got an ad there on the right.

Wes Yates said:
    My suggestion are these:

Tiny Guitars
    Daddy Mojo Guitars

-WY
  • Thanks Wes.. I have to tell you .. I dont play (I would love to learn) but my brother has always loved guitar (cant really sing) but he is good at playing.. Last year I had A horse fall on my ( I show horses) and my kidneys were total distroyed from fall and my brother came up and gave me his kidney.. how abou that.. Now this year he had heart trouble and we almost lost him.. he's fine now but.. I love him and he love me.. Im going to visit and wanted to bring him something special..
  • thanks so much
This reply was deleted.