Replies

• thanks for the tip

Randy Webb said:
    Run a ground wire to your bridge if you use something metal for the bridge.

Or solder the black wire not only to the volume pot post, but also fro that post to the back of the volume pot.
  • thanks for the info,i have burned pots up before-your tip makes alot of sense,it makes me feel stupid for not thinking of it before-thanks again

Tres Seaver said:
    Usually the back of the volume pot is easiest. To remove the risk of burning out a pot by soldering too many other grounds to its back, you can solder a single solid copper wire to the back of your volume pot. Solder all component's ground leads to that wire. You don't need to ground strings on a piezo-only build.
  • thanks for the info-i will try it

Niles Galloway said:
    You could also check ebay for a fishman belt clip type preamp. It has EQ as well as a volume control. I haven't tried mine with my recent 1st build but I will post my experience when I do.
  • You could also check ebay for a fishman belt clip type preamp. It has EQ as well as a volume control. I haven't tried mine with my recent 1st build but I will post my experience when I do.
  • Usually the back of the volume pot is easiest. To remove the risk of burning out a pot by soldering too many other grounds to its back, you can solder a single solid copper wire to the back of your volume pot. Solder all component's ground leads to that wire. You don't need to ground strings on a piezo-only build.
  • Run a ground wire to your bridge if you use something metal for the bridge.

Or solder the black wire not only to the volume pot post, but also fro that post to the back of the volume pot.
This reply was deleted.