Replies

• Go to Fretfind2d if you have a mac and then just print it out=no math, no measuring=happy me!

•  

Huston we have a problem........???305925033?profile=RESIZE_480x480

• Ok, I have got the scales, but how do you compensate for string angle?

• ACME String Angle Compensator? Check with the Coyote.

• It's all PFM anyway. That's why early blues were mostly played with slide. Easy to compensate for minor variations of pitch.

Hang in there Bug, as soon as you find the perfect set up, the next one will be slightly different anyway and they all will probably change with temperature and humidity.

Not trying to rain on your parade, I just feel that the minor imperfections are what make these silly boxes so much fun.

• Yeh I agree
      I can assure you non of mine are dead on
      But I like the theory
      It still fascinated me you can put the same strings
      And tuners on and they all sound different.
      But don't worry I wont stop messing ...
  • I have always used wfret.com.

• I notice my Digly dog special
    Has an angled bridge and works very well.
    So you must have some understanding of this already
    I thought I had knocked it out of skew!;>)
    Re co-ordination of foot drums....we will have to see
  • http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/topic/113453

"In a nutshell, compensated saddles are adjusted such that the open note and the fretted note at the 12th fret are the same note but an octave apart. There are many other issues of construction and adjustment that effect overall intonation of the fingerboard but the length of the string at the saddle is adjusted to compensate for how much a given string goes sharp as it is pushed down to the 12th fret. Usually each string requires a different amount of compensation. If a string is sharp at the 12th fret when compared to the open note then it is made longer at the saddle to flat the intonation to bring the string in tune. Conversely, if the string is flat at the 12th fret when compared to the open note then it is made shorter to sharp the string's intonation to bring it in tune. In general the bigger strings go sharper so require more length except when we go from the biggest plain string to the smallest wound string. In your typical acoustic set the G string is bigger in gauge than the B string but requires less compensation because it is a wound string. That's where we get the pattern of two and four. The B is behind the treble E but the G is ahead of the B but then usually each successively bigger string gets longer. I hope that helps a bit."

This reply was deleted.