Hi All,

I found a long skinny box that would make a cool CBG bass body. But, I need some kind of leg to put on the bottom. Does anyone know where I could find a telescoping pole (kind of like a tripod or monopod) with a rubber foot on the bottom? I suppose I could use a table leg or a metal flange with a dowel, but I like the idea of something adjustable. Just looking for ideas here. Thanks!  

Greg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Garage sales and thrift stores often have old camera tripods for sale cheap, you could buy one and have enough legs for three instruments.
  • 1. check with your social-media addicted friends, someone has a selfie stick with a broken smart-phone bracket.

2. check with your other musician friends, someone has a broken mic stand that you can salvage the center telescoping rod.

3. check with your photography friends, someone has a broken tripod that you can salvage one of the legs from

4. check the thrift stores for a cheap one of the above you can tear apart.

• Crutch leg . ...

only because of the cool factor , that it only  has one leg   , so you could call the instrument "Eileen" ,,, or  ,,, "Peggy  "  :-}

(sorry ,... ill see myself out )  :-. 

• 306653964?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Hi, I think a part like pictured would hold a bass, when modified. As it can telescope into itself it has double the strength, depending on how long you pull it out. The part shown is a jig I use in my repair work.

On an upright bass I built I used a cymbal stand so the player could walk away and leave the bass standing. 

Cheer Taff

• music stand might be to flimsy for the weight of a base, crutch can handle a good deal.

• Hi, Parts of an old cheep music stand could be adapted, rubber feet easy, from the hardware store. I have a stash of these from doing repairs, but thats no good to you, sorry.

Cheers taff

• Everybody has or knows somebody who owns...a useless they don't need anymore....set of crutches!! Cut as needed, they have a lot of adjustment already built in, no need to re-invent it

• Trekking pole... they either have cam locks or twist locks and are quite robust... most have a metal spike on the tip with a rubber cover.

Cheap ones are Less than $10

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AntiShock-Trekking-Hiking-Walking-Stick-Po...
This reply was deleted.