The new 3 pole bridge is awesome. My dilema is that my necks are built from 1 1/2 x 3/4" hardwood, the mounting holes on the bridge plate are wider than 1 1/2"...... I like to run the strings and mount the bridge to the neck as it runs through the bodty to ensure strength. Is everyone drilling new holes on the bridge plate or building bridge mounting pieces that are beside the neck...if that makes sense? Or am I useing a piece of wood for the neck thats too small.. I thought the size I am useing was standard? Most likely user error. Anyone????

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• John- yup my plan was to build the side pieces and mount them to the neck and then glue/screw a hardwoor plate across the bottom just to ensure the side wings are absolutely part of the neck in order to distribute the string pressure evenly.... wow, doesnt that sound technical....lol
  • 90% of my builds are 1x2 hardwood, like yours... I would just butt a couple pieces of scrap wood to the side of the neck inside the box...  Glue or glue/screw the pieces together... 

I just bought a 3 string hardtail... Thanks!  You saved me some on-the-fly engineering!

This reply was deleted.