Replies

• Ah! some of the video soft available in the collection said in my previous post are: Openshot Video Editor Lives and Cinelerra L-Video Editor

Have a look and tell us, if you happen would. I'm with my eyes on audio questions by now, but it would be interesting get to know your experience with them..
    Syl
  • I use a Canon PowerShot SD300 camera and Pinnacle software. I hope to upgrade my camera soon. Having an external mic would be a good option. In my current situation, I can not back the camera off too far without serious loss of signal. I originally used Windows Movies Maker. This is good basic software to learn on first, but the control of the audio is quite limited. Thanks for asking. I hope you find this helpful. Enjoy.
  • Hi there
    I find this question interesting as I am trying, yet in stage of learning, with other tools which have great potential, as far as I got knowledge about it at present. There is even a whole OS with a collection of tools we, at least me, often wondering whether they exist. I have put it into a 4Gb usb memory stick and I didn't have to change anything in my PC. Now I am reading up about some must how-tos, e.g. jack and so...
    I hope it's of help.
    Sylver
  • you certainly cant go wrong with adobe , the serious users like that and it seems final cut pro is also the a top contender .
  • I'd advise downloading trials of as many different programs as you can...they all have their good and bad sides. I did that and ended up going for Adobe Premiere Elements...good, and simple to use but it has a few annoying things about it
  • I can't get the MOVIE vids from my new Nikon to load into I Movie which is the only way I now how to "edit" etc...
    They will only play in the Quik Time Player... CRAP
    I don't know how to process them from there.
    ???
  • we used windows movie maker for a while , then we were having the audio sounding like cell phone quality all the sudden . switched to vegas pro , got to learn its features . if you are new , start with movie maker , get the hang of it , watch some tut vids on yt . you will prolly need additional apps though .

then upgrade . a lot of folks use vegas now . i couldnt tell you much , we edited a handful of vids with it , nothing fancy , it worked fine . windows movie maker stuff looks very noobish though , it does work , sometimes .
  • I don't think you mentioned what computer you have, HD or Sd footage or even if your computer can handle the software or the new compression formats for the video... FREE... MS Movie maker for the price of MS windows.. so NOT FREE,,, OSX IMovie I believe is part of ILIFE, so NOT Free but real good..... Under 100.00, Sony, or Pinnacle Studio 14... I like studio 14 better, 100 or more, Adobe premier Elements... Does most everything the 500.00 version does...
    *******************TOTALLY FREE**************************
    works on PC or Intel Macs AVLINUX http://www.bandshed.net/AVLinux.html This is a Live CD with everything you need, 2 editors and audio studio... Place it in, boot to cd and play... don't like it then through it in the trash and go get something else... NUF SAID! 8^)
  • movie maker from microsoft-
  • I have the mac book pro so I use I-movie as well... I have the 08 version... I do plan on upgrading sometime like everything else on my list. The mac program comes with the bundle that includes Garage Band and I-Photo. everything is pretty easy to use.
This reply was deleted.