Replies

• As far as brands go? I use the same as I do on all my electrics. GHS boomers. I've  got a few sets of Ernie Ball. But haven't tried them yet. Size. 9's. I don't play slide and I'm lazy. I don't wana work to get the music out. : )

• I use D'Addario light electrics. They have good sound with a pickup with a high impedance ( i,have one with a 7.75 Kilo-ohm pickup). I find them easier to play than acoustics. They have a much lighterload on the neck. I had tried hybrid classical/steel strings. They corroded very quickly. Just my taste.
  • New ones!!! Bright, snappy and full of tones. Change your strings and make that box sing! 

• I use D'Addario strings and have been very very happy with them for 35 years. Other less expensive brands have not been dependable for me.

I play 4 string CBG's and I use the 4 middle strings of a 6 string set of 10 gauge strings for electric, 12 gauge for acoustic. Gauge referring to the smallest string size in a set. I use Round Wound strings. Flat Wounds and heavy gauge are great if you play a lot of slide, but the Flat Wounds tend to be pricey.

• D'Addari medium phosphor bronzes, when I can't get Elixir Nanoweb mediums. And yes, even though I have a heavy right hand, the Elixirs can often last me 6-7 MONTHS, playing 2-3 times per week. Then again, I play til I break a string ( usually the B or e, then I change out the entire set. On a 6-string...
  • some rusty fence wire will provide the most authentic sound,  not the best, but the most authentic.. don't know what  they used on.those old Delta recordings,  probably rusty fence wire   ;-)

• I use $4 medium Martin Marquis acoustic strings, sound good hold tune fairly well. I use D-G-B (.035, 026, 017) strings and am happy with that. My CBGs are all 3-string slide only.

• Thanks Jim.

• Depends on scale length, tuning, number of strings, slide versus not or both, what style of music you wanna play, and your skill level.
    • No...not really.

This reply was deleted.