Hi what size box is suggested for building a cbg?

Got my hands on a cigarbox by the size 9 X 7 inches, how about that? (to small?)
Could probably build me my own box but.....   no.

Just got interested in the cigarbox guitar "thing"
I live in sweden and cant find any good swedish resources.

anyone give me a hand?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• looking good! It'll be a nice piece :D
  • Nope, I only mark the frets with a wood burning tool. They can be played with slide or fretting even without raised frets. A friend was over last night and he picked up my CBG and just started playing away, never played one before, but he plays regular guitars. It sounded way better than my attempts, and he just fretted with his fingers. Cool

rockinfrasse said:
    I havent found the right kind of plywood for repairing the motometer box.

I am going to build them both. starting of with the punch box.
    Ever fretted any of your cbgs Michael? what kind of tools to use for the "grooves".

MichaelS said:
    Nice box, did you ever make one from the motometer box? You can never have enough.
  • I havent found the right kind of plywood for repairing the motometer box.

I am going to build them both. starting of with the punch box.
    Ever fretted any of your cbgs Michael? what kind of tools to use for the "grooves".

MichaelS said:
    Nice box, did you ever make one from the motometer box? You can never have enough.
  • Nice box, did you ever make one from the motometer box? You can never have enough.
  • Sweeeeeet! Finally found this on the swedish e-bay site. (just the box) ordered the rest of the parts a couple of weeks ago.

• Not to be too picky but those are more of a C hole than an F hole, either way good start make it and play it, you wont be disappointed. Also I like the idea of the label on the inside bottom so you can view it, CBG's are meant to be fun right.
  • Yeah. Keep the label. If your lid is 1/4 inch thick or less (sorry, dumb American not fluent with the system of measurement just about everyone else in the world uses) you should be fine sound-wise.

I really like the juxtaposition of beat-up box top with the "elegance" of f-holes.

Build away! Show us more!
  • Something like this.. Havent really learned this photo editing program yet, but it gives you an idea. Cleaned up the box too.

• Exactly my thinking, too (os if I read have a choice with the neck finish, me woodworking skills considered, hehe)! 'Nuff said: You will do well with that box anyway, but the logo is soooo cool!
This reply was deleted.