This could be git related or not. So, what's on your workbench at the moment?

I have 4 scarf joint necks in different stages of work.

A 25" scale pine 5 string neck for a Banjo-Res, A 25" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Strat-Res build, A 24 & 1/2" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Double Cut Tele build and a 27" scale 6 string Baritone Conversion neck for a Modern Strat body I have.

Views: 30919

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aftermath of a build or prepping for a build?

Nothing I'm on school holidays ,but buying tins & s few new boxes to build up.

Nothing time can be hard to come by, enjoy it while you have it.

I've got 4 necks finished and all 4 are different guitars. First one is a suit case bass, second one is a tele, third one is a four string with a short scale, forth one is a license plate. still need to finish the Racketator ( I made a big error and had to think outside the box to fix it....uhgg) anyway when you wire a piezo and a pickup to a three way switch, does it matter if it is a humbucker or a single coil? I have to wire both to a three way switch and was hoping it was the same configuration.

I've wired a piezo with a humbucker and a single coil.

On my lap steel, I have a humbucker with a coil split wired to a 500k volume to a 3-way switch, the piezo wired to a 1meg volume to the 3-way switch and the switch output to the jack. It works well in all positions with the humbucker in full mode or split.

On my Strat-O-Rez, I have 2 single coils and a piezo wired to a 5-way switch( piezo to #1, bridge single to #2, neck single to #5) to a 500k volume, to a 500k tone with .022cap(cap value may change to higher) and then to the jack. This works okay and is cancelling the hum on the single coils(don't exactly know why yet).

I'm gonna need t research just a bit more. I will show you when I'm done!

Looking forward to it.

I finally have a small workbench! I've put together the gits I've built on my stove and dining room table and computer table. That and a used mitre saw setup, from rummage sales this summer, are going to make builds much neater (both build wise, and less sawdust in my apt!).

Have cigar boxes and hockey stick & tool handle 'necks'. Just waiting on a packet of tuning machines and pickups to come in and it's time to make a bunch of fun diddley bows and chuggers...

Rummage sale scores are great. Looking forward to seeing more builds from you.

Crate G20C XL Guitar Amp

4 years ago, a friend gave me this amp that he wasn't using anymore. It has served me well. I was a big Crate amp fan back in the 80's when I had my 50watt stereo Crate with dual Celestion 10" speakers. This 20 watt amp is stereo with dual 6" speakers, SCG/OD channel and Reverb/Chorus effects.

The amp started to lose volume output, I thought it was the guitar I was playing that had problems. So I plugged it into my 1watt Ruby amp and it was twice as loud as what I was getting out of the Crate amp.

First I checked the pots for any scratchyness. All were operating good and no static. Then I took it apart and removed the circuit board to check for cracked solder joints(a common problem with circuit board amps). What I found was burnt spots where the heatsink bolted to the board. The board maybe damaged there. The SCG circuit showed signs of overheating at the chip and on/off switch and the large capcitors on the board also showed signs of overheating.

Don't know if it's going to be worth fixing or not. Other parts may be damaged or close to going out. May use this cabinet to build a Marshall 18watt Tube Amp I've been dreaming about.

I like the GX series amps for their solid state stuff. All the gnarly distortion of the Ampeg VH series... I vote Marshall 18 watt if you're looking for votes tho! 

Funny you mentioned a 18watt Marshall, I've looking at a schematic for one and thinking it over. The speakers in this Crate however, are only rated for 10watts at 4ohms. The Crate in actuality, was a 2 channel 10watt amp instead of a 20watt amp.

So I don't know what I'm going to do now. 

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

BrianQ. left a comment for Niall McCracken
3 hours ago
BrianQ. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
3 hours ago
BrianQ. liked Gary O'slide's video
3 hours ago
Southern Ray left a comment for J. D. Woods
" If you are interested in building your own pickups, I wrote a blog about how I make my…"
5 hours ago
Gary O'slide posted a video
6 hours ago
Niall McCracken is now a member of Cigar Box Nation
9 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
10 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
20 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

"Thanks AGP# Glad you liked  my version ! appreciated !"
21 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

I Can Only Imagine: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

"You are very observant Andries! Some of the Slingers are more consistent than others and I…"
22 hours ago
David L. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
"Not sure how accurate the lyrics are (link to the lyrics site at the bottom) "Internet…"
22 hours ago
David L. liked David Hopkins's photo
22 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->