This could be git related or not. So, what's on your workbench at the moment?

I have 4 scarf joint necks in different stages of work.

A 25" scale pine 5 string neck for a Banjo-Res, A 25" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Strat-Res build, A 24 & 1/2" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Double Cut Tele build and a 27" scale 6 string Baritone Conversion neck for a Modern Strat body I have.

Views: 30892

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know, it's not a guitar. But I made something!  It's a watercolor paper stricture for a 12 X 16 in sheet. This is actually my second try. First was a complete failure. There will have to be a third. Didn't take into account that the paper swells in size when it's soaked. So I'll have to more the bolts back a bit to accommodate.

Very interesting and helpful.

Stretcher idea is a success!!!! I did a second sheet. Cut this one down by 1/4 inch on a long and short side. This gave plenty of room. The Arches 140 lb cold press paper was soaked for 10 minutes. Placed on the stretcher and allowed to dry. I then heavily soaked one half. Like you would for a wet on wet painting. Let it dry. There was no buckling. Not wile the paper was wet or when dry. This next shot is after the wet on wet soaking had dried. Love that flat paper. Now all I need to do is learn how to paint... : )

The final design will still have a raised painting area of 11 X 15. The bolts will be farther out. Instead of cutting a 7/16 slot for each bolt I'll be using wood strips to hold them in place. ( done so they can't move when you tighten the wing nuts. ) Capped off by a strip that will keep the bolts from falling out. This strip will be held in place with screws. And have the rubber feet. If needed I'll be able to unscrew these strips and replace a stripped bolt.  Below is a drawing of the structure holding the bolts in place.

Now I need to get to a few CBGs.

have a look at this guy. Frank Clarke. he is irish and does Simply Painting. teaches watercolour with the simple tenant of "Have Some More Fun" a mnemonic for Horizon then Sky then Middle then Foreground.tried my hand at it many years ago now with marginal success . i play guitar better than i paint... not saying much.. 

http://simplypainting.com/index.htm   has free video lessons and a youtube channel

That is pretty cool.

Whats on my bench? Absolutely Fk all..  and its doing my head in.

I'm in the middle of re-purposing a 1957 Motorola HIFI Turntable's tube amp innards into a guitar and bass amp. A project that will take some time. I got this thing in a yard sale for 20 bucks.

The turntable (didn't work) came with a 15" speaker that was damaged. I fixed the speaker(8ohm 20watt Jensen) with masking tape and superglue, not pretty but functional.

I have a kick drum shell(22") that I found on the curbside that I've decided to use as a speaker cabinet. I'll post pics soon.

Found a worktable on the curbside. So what's on my workbench is my new worktable.

With the rain today, the only work getting done is washing off the dirt, cobwebs, spiderwebs and egg sacks.

I got a heater coil unit from a old dryer and decided to make a simple spring reverb effect out of it. I took it apart and had to remove the coils because they were too brittle. I made a coil assembly out of the springs from the dryer door. This works well for reverb. I need to add a couple piezos and a pot for level/drive and it'll be fantastic. Sorry for the blurry pics, I have a crappy camera.

So there's this oil can (which may or may not be sold to fund more guitar parts), some bearings soaking in alcohol after being "rescued" by my youngest from some old rollerblades (to be made into a spinner, he says). Two paint can lids for this month's contest build(s), a heart-shaped tin for a uke, Spam can for a diddly bow, various bottle caps for pot knobs, etc. In the window are various cans to become canjos of some design.Oh, and the Christmas tin below the bench for another build, and a canvas bag atop that full of old church keys for string retainers or whatever.

Great find Lane, thanks for posting.

Keep posting guy's and gal's.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Taffy Evans yesterday. 8 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

"Thanks. Wow! That becomes a spendy box Alan. They are pretty distinctive though. I have a few on…"
3 hours ago
Nigel McTrustry posted a video

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! - Yellow Dog - Live - Original - Cigar Box Guitar

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! Yellow Dog (McTrustry)@ The Cave Inn Brisbane, Australia.The song is currently on Spotify.
3 hours ago
AGP # commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

""Sweet Doug" :-), have seen quite a few Flathead Builds over the years, great looking…"
5 hours ago
AGP # liked David Dodt's photo
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
AGP # liked Doug Thorsvik's photo
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
AGP # liked Aaron Green's photo
6 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Gary O'slide's video
7 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
7 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->