This could be git related or not. So, what's on your workbench at the moment?

I have 4 scarf joint necks in different stages of work.

A 25" scale pine 5 string neck for a Banjo-Res, A 25" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Strat-Res build, A 24 & 1/2" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Double Cut Tele build and a 27" scale 6 string Baritone Conversion neck for a Modern Strat body I have.

Views: 30892

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice looking git Keith.

nice looking box Keith.. and guitar as well..

Currently have a whole list of projects! But I have a Fuzz pedal, a couple Bypass Relay circuits, a Boost pedal, a Pre-Amp pedal, and a 1950/51 Gibson BR-6F that are all in various stages of disrepair. Some are waiting on parts. Some just need more tweaking!

I just purchased one of those Tone Bender MK1 kits. Supposedly comes with the original transistors of the OC75s. We'll see on delivery, can't wait to get on it.  I'm also building a cigar box looping sampler.  Was inspired by the lonershy video and spent a lot of time on my own circuits and without the module like he uses.  It's still in the lab due to chip shortage, some components needed.

In the meantime I conquered purpleheart wood and made a nice blank neck out of it. It is tough and not as fast to cut like plywood but going slow and having a fast blade helped me knock it out the shop.

Finally got some time to get back to my latest build, a 4 stringer using a metal Jack Daniels tin and a mag pickup from Gritty. Pictures coming soon.

I saw one of those JD tins awhile back and thought to myself that it would make a great git.
Of course you have to buy the whiskey inside, which I used to buy a lot of back in the day, but now I don't drink it because I kept getting into trouble drinking that stuff. ;)

It looks great!

I've been working on 2 SG builds that have been giving me fits. 1 issue was with paint, got a couple cans of bad paint, had bugs land in the paint and one of the gits fell off the hook it was hanging from while drying. Got them both painted to great finish finally and started putting them together only to have a crack across 1 of the bodies after pressing the bridge post bushing into the body.

Asian Mahogany dents and cracks real easy. If you plan on building from a kit made of that wood, you may want to consider another wood type or buy a body blank of Honduran or African Mahogany instead.

Also purchased 2 small amp heads to play with. Sweetwater gave me credit and these were on sale. ;) Got a Orange Dark Micro that has a 12AX7 tube preamp and Solid State output of 20watts. They usually sell for $220 to $260, but I got a demo unit for $150. These sound great for such a small unit(size of a small cigar box). The other is a VOX MV50AC. It's also very small(half the size of the Orange). It uses a new small tube technology and has switchable output: 50watts at 4ohm output, 25watts at 8ohm output and 12.5watts at 16ohms. They come in 3 models: Clean-Vintage American voiced, AC-Vintage British voiced and Rock-Modern/Hard/Heavy Rock voiced. These VOX amps are currently $220.

Both the Orange and VOX will power a 4 x 12 speaker cab load enough for 3 block radius of my neighborhood to enjoy it ;)

I may go into debt with Sweetwater if they don't stop putting things I want on sale. LOL
For years I've been wanting a Peavey Delta Blues combo amp. It's basically a Classic 30 amp, but comes with tremolo and a 15" speaker. Well my speaker cab that I'm using with the Orange and Vox(both are great by the way) has a 15" speaker in it. So Sweetwater put Peavey's Classic 20 watt mini head on sale from $699 to $599. But, then they had a demo model for $530, so it has a new home.

Got the Stewmac Kit guitar finished finally.

Don't know why I can't post the pic right side up.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Taffy Evans yesterday. 8 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

BrianQ. liked Gary O'slide's video
1 hour ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

"Thanks. Wow! That becomes a spendy box Alan. They are pretty distinctive though. I have a few on…"
5 hours ago
Nigel McTrustry posted a video

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! - Yellow Dog - Live - Original - Cigar Box Guitar

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! Yellow Dog (McTrustry)@ The Cave Inn Brisbane, Australia.The song is currently on Spotify.
5 hours ago
AGP # commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

""Sweet Doug" :-), have seen quite a few Flathead Builds over the years, great looking…"
8 hours ago
AGP # liked David Dodt's photo
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
AGP # liked Doug Thorsvik's photo
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
AGP # liked Aaron Green's photo
8 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Gary O'slide's video
9 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->