What is inside the box?

I have never ever seen a "real life" CBG. Just pictures. For the most part they are of the CBG over all and very fine creations at that. I have had tantalizing glimpses of the "inside" of the boxes and they appear to have a variety of configurations, for amplifiers; transducers; resonators;for strength;for acoustic reproduction etc etc. I understand the fluidity of design available in a CBG, but coming from an "acoustic reproduction aim" of Early music instruments (Lutes, Psaltries, Portative organs .....) These CBGs should never work! :) I think of all the time, effort and science of vibrations that I used to put into a soundboard, and you guys stick a thick lump of wood right underneath it! You cant have a central sound hole so you stick them anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I love what you are doing, but educate me please! I would love to see inside a lot more boxes, especially those with "different" configurations and what you aimed to achieve by what you have done. Your pictures would be most welcome. I am clearly a person who learns by "seeing"... Can you help by posting what is inside your box please?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• here is a second pic from a farther back view.

its hard to see the blend pot but the way it is wired is 1 piezo lead to left prong and the other piezo lead to right prong and the input jack lead to the center prong and all three ground leads together soldered to the back of the blend pot. hope this helps.much more versitility with two piezos.
  • i added more pics today so i could show a couple of them on what,s inside the box.

this guit is the rat rod bass d-bow the pic shows how i wired the two piezo,s with a blend volume knob.
  • Good hint re the Piezo sandwich. Thanks
  • Mine are pretty basic neck throughs mostly. I like to sandwich the peizo between two thin peices of wood and glue it rightto the inside of the box cover. Seems to eliminate feedback and picks up vibrations directly through the "soundboard".

inside that counts.JPG

piezo sandwich.JPG

glue drying.JPG

• Thanks for the detail in the text, as well as the pictures
    bairfoot cajun said:
    this is a view inside the indian tabac box its real simple

the neck attaches to the top with two screws and the ted crocker tesla piezo fits into a slot cut into the neck right under the bridge. the strings go through the tail end of the neck.
  • this is a view inside the indian tabac box its real simple

the neck attaches to the top with two screws and the ted crocker tesla piezo fits into a slot cut into the neck right under the bridge. the strings go through the tail end of the neck.
  • Here's the same CBG build with the electronics installed.
    153046463?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024
  • I am interested in the resonator CBG guitars and am collecting stuff to make one. I had a great dubro type in the 1960s and wish I had never got rid of it, but kids cost money to bring up!
    Any information you can let me have will be most welcome.

Mark Werner said:
    Here's the innards of the resonator guitar I just built; the next photo in the set shows the resonator itself in place:

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/photo/continued-progress?context=user
  • Thanks Guys. Yes more please!

I have been going through the photos and have got to 190! (out of almost 350)

I have downloaded all the great ideas and filed them under.
    Nice Looking Unique
    Interior
    Electronics
    Heads
    Tails
    Soundboards
    Fret boards
    Building tips

Its a long job as i do it in the TV adverts! :)

Ted Crocker said:

swampgrowlerfinalinside.jpg

This reply was deleted.