Replies

• If Chet Atkins was around ,.. But "my" vote goes with Gretsch . If my memory is correct , even before Chet has his name on Gretsch guitars , he played a country gentleman (6 string) often . A quick search on Atkins could solve the puzzle . Naz Nomad brought up a good point on the possible dangers of "Bein' splapped upside the head with it" . Prolly been outlawed and you need a "special" permit just to own one ;-) . Regardless , it's a "sweet" old bass , whatever the name . And as L.J. mentioned , possibly worth a truck load of pennies . Great guitar !!!
  • Its really a cool guitar. It looks big but I wonder if the camera angle doesnt lend to that effect. It is more than likely a Gretch country gentleman Model 6070. Or the Model 6071 if thats red mahogany.Worth around 2 grand.

Naz Nomad said:
    I know one thing for certain. I wouldn't want to get slapped upside the head with it ... it's massive. :-))
  • Yup, looks like a Gretsch to me - painted on "soundholes", design of the bridge, control placement and overall body shape are all very characteristic of a Gretsch.

Naz Nomad said:
    Is that a 'G' on the tailpiece? Gretsch?

This reply was deleted.