Replies

• i am in the middle of building a gas tank bass too:)

L.J. said:
    Shelly Rickey plays a mean saw. And bairfoot Cajun just posted a brick guitar. I built a gastank bass for a No wood challenge we had in here a couple years ago. It didnt turn out as good of a player piece as I would have liked. So I will dive back into it one day. Or eventually part it out. Not sure yett. I dont care much for guitars that dont make alot of sound. Maybe Ill find some place that would wants it for decoration?
  • thats cool sorry guys for being so far out of it. just working 14 hours a day for 5 to 6 days a week man. it tuff. i have manage to build a 6 string cbg. and working on a 4 string cbg. and a nother 3 string cbg thats leather. people coming out every were here wanting them
    and work dont help with the time
  • I'll try again. Oh well the file is there below.
    Thanks.
    HI

Photo 189.jpg

• Just a thought I'm cooking on.
  • I've got a 3' wooden tiki spoon and an old green leather cosmetic case that are going to be an acoustic bass as soon as I work out the kinks in the design.
  • why do you think you are not a great "PLAYER" ? I am certain you are.
    bairfoot cajun said:

i use lots of different things to build guitars with in a quest for variations on tone. i,m not a great player by any means but i still try to do video sound checks for other folks to hear what the unusual looking builds sound like. its all in good fun, this guitar has a metal waffle iron shell for the body to get a metal resonator type tone. it sounds better than the one i built out of a boat paddle.
  • i use lots of different things to build guitars with in a quest for variations on tone. i,m not a great player by any means but i still try to do video sound checks for other folks to hear what the unusual looking builds sound like. its all in good fun, this guitar has a metal waffle iron shell for the body to get a metal resonator type tone. it sounds better than the one i built out of a boat paddle.
  • 3 Banger.
    Naz Nomad said:

finwholetreesm.jpg

• I am taking "SOMETHING" apart
    to Put "Something" together...
  • Spanish Cedar is one of those misnamed woods. Not a cedar at all.
    http://www.thewoodbox.com/data/wood/spcedarinfo.htm
    They use it alot for necks here in Mexico.
    Don
This reply was deleted.