Replies

• I don't do side markers.  Bunch of damned excess baggage :P

Maybe a selfish reason.  I don't like the way they look so I don't add them.  No one has ever asked me to put them on, so what the hell?

• Kevin,   I saw this yesterday and did it today ~ using red on this one.   Like it.  Thanks!

Kevin O'Connor said:
    I like to just drill a 3/32" hole, very shallow, about to the shoulder of the tip of the bit, then put a drop of white latex paint in the hole and let it dry. Looks very nice and clean and is very visible, even in very low light.
  • 305749033?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024
  • 305751609?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024
  • the bright orange tones down to a nice red...and the red turns dark once in the hole, file down, with the write size drill bit no glue required.
    305749505?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024
  • weed wacker line works great
    305751682?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024
  • I drill a 1/16th in. shallow, dimple really and fill it with neon orange paint to go with my 38 spl bullet casing fretmarkers.
  • Thanks for all the input and ideas!  I'm going to try many of these in upcoming builds.  That's what I love about this . . so many ways to be creative.  No one way to do anything.  Excellent!
  • I drill small holes, fill in with a contrasting wood filler, then sand smooth.  Works for side markers and fretboard markers as well. :)

• I sometimes edge the fingerboard with a hardwood strip,breaking this at the marked frets to insert a contrasting wood e.g. on my guinness box guitar I used sycomore  with ebony markers.See the photos on my page because bloody windows is not letting me send you one  
This reply was deleted.