What do you like best?

I've complete my third small batch of pickups and could use some feedback(yeah!) Which pickup looks most appealing to you? The top is latest pickup that I spent additional time cleaning the pickup to new, bare steel and then blueing the finish with heat. The bottom pickup was treated a little less and the tabs are painted black. Waddya think? Thanks, Wade

image.jpg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• To be more constructive I like the bottom one best, but they both rock.
    All the best from Bill. :D
  • Like them both. Copper or brass or nickle would look good too.If you want more information visit this site Swisscubancigars

• Wade, Really like those covers you used. What did they start their life as? Some of the holes look like they were done with a endmill or possible a stone - is it my eyes, or did these start out with another use in mind? Some type of cover or plate? 

• Bare metal! Then I can let it sit out on the back porch railing for a few weeks and let the elements have their way with it. Metal and rust and patina...(insert Tim Taylor grunting here).
  • I love them both too. 

• Maybe I can make this easier! Which one one would you choose of you stopped by on Halloween?

image.jpg

• Dude.... those pickups are TERRIBLE!  Just kidding....  They're FREAKING AWESOME!  BOTH are great.  Can't see much difference in the photo tho.  Both are worship-able...  GREAT work!  ...make mine look very simple....

• How can I possibly afford 4 of them?  (One guitar).

Awesome craftsmanship.

• I know what you mean my friend. I want to get a stripped harmony rocket or speed demon off of eBay and stick a few on them.
      • I was thinking of this.

306346875?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

Or maybe 2 on this.

306347860?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

But I'm already over budget when I put a Pignose inside the box.  And the neck. . . well. . .that's going to tear chit up.

This reply was deleted.