I have now filled a fourth box of short pieces from a inch or two up to maybe a foot.  Any good ways to store these, or do you toss/burn them or do something else?  They can always be used for a brace, a bridge or nut or whatever.  I feel like a hoarder but I hate to toss them.  As always, if this was discussed before sorry in advance.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• long strips bracing, kerfing,  thin wide piece are headstock plate and heal plate. 

• I use the smaller pieces to make wooden kick pedals for busker drums ( hard side suit case) I don't have a pic but I have 2 cut out and will have one assembled and a pic tomorrow if you like !!!
    • I'd love to learn how to do that.

• Kirk I'm sending you a friend request so I can ass you the PDF when finished
        • Thank you Rose!  I got it, and accepted! :)

• Here is the pedal I can get you the plan if you still would like it!

image.jpeg

• nice looking pedal, how do you keep the suitcase from walking away?

• You tether it. L bracket with a hole attach this to the end of the pedal, them you bolt it to the suitcase. Leather strip with attached block, leather slides under the suitcase (block in back) attach this to the pedal. :) just need to be creative. You sit on the suitcase so it doesn't move.
        • Thanks for sharing, looks great and sure looks like it would be a good way to use a bunch of wood pieces.  I am not sure if I would make one myself though as I am severely rhythm challenged!

• Well I am making a couple of sets ( suitcase, pedal, foot snare) I will see this Christmas if they sell. I'm gonna call them Busker kits.
This reply was deleted.