Replies

• Unless the top is cardboard on them I think they are all good. My dad has some old ones and a few have cardboard with a wood grain label on them, and some with the fake wood grain are real wood under it.

Tracy Kennedy said:
    Its a twist of chew is all I know. Ill ake a coser look at the KE box for its condition
  • Its a twist of chew is all I know. Ill ake a coser look at the KE box for its condition
  • Tracy Kennedy said:
    Well...I just scored 17 new (old) boxes. Any of these any good?

King Edwards.... The brand my GrandDaddy smoked. Snif. I don't know if the dang BOX is any good, but if I saw one in a garage sale God help anyone that stepped in my way.

Is that a twist of kinnikinnick in the upper left?
  • There all good get building.
    Tracy Kennedy said:
    Well...I just scored 17 new (old) boxes. Any of these any good?

• Well...I just scored 17 new (old) boxes. Any of these any good?

• Sounds good to me, then cardboard ( or paper labeled) are my favorite, being a graphic designer of sorts I like the labels. And some of them sound great!

stan bryars said:
    Yes
    I like to use the word cardboard because the store I go to gives cardboard away for free
    Te only thing cardboard is the press board top, but I don't want to get in the habit of saying that out loud

MichaelS said:
    Stan, when you say carboard artuero fuentes are you refering to the paper covered box's? I've used some of them and mine were plywood and pressboard. Not a bad sound, great sound if its all youve got.

stan bryars said:
    I used to like the deeper boxes till I found the Olivas

The thin bodies just seem to sit better and if you stick a makeshift reso in them they sound great

I built one on an Oliva Especial box that was 7x9x1 and stuck some sort of metal drink coaster in it as a reso

I built one for my non playing mother who basically just wanted something to hang on a wall, but someone came over to look at what I had and offered me $75 for POS
    The sound that came out of that thing was a work of accidental art that should not have happened
    I named it Sarah

Also like the Diamond Crowns, ugly box but a good sound and the La Aroma Cubana have a great size and sound
    I buy most of wood from a cigar superstore for about $2 per if I buy in any kind of bulk
    My business card models are usually made from the free Arturo Fuentue cardboard boxes I get from a local cigar store that has agreed to display my CBGs along with a local Asian Supermarket, if you can believe it
  • Red Sancho Panza brand Madrid style, http://www.bestcigarprices.com/shopcontent/images/SanchoPanza_EF_Ca...
  • Yes
    I like to use the word cardboard because the store I go to gives cardboard away for free
    Te only thing cardboard is the press board top, but I don't want to get in the habit of saying that out loud

MichaelS said:
    Stan, when you say carboard artuero fuentes are you refering to the paper covered box's? I've used some of them and mine were plywood and pressboard. Not a bad sound, great sound if its all youve got.

stan bryars said:
    I used to like the deeper boxes till I found the Olivas

The thin bodies just seem to sit better and if you stick a makeshift reso in them they sound great

I built one on an Oliva Especial box that was 7x9x1 and stuck some sort of metal drink coaster in it as a reso

I built one for my non playing mother who basically just wanted something to hang on a wall, but someone came over to look at what I had and offered me $75 for POS
    The sound that came out of that thing was a work of accidental art that should not have happened
    I named it Sarah

Also like the Diamond Crowns, ugly box but a good sound and the La Aroma Cubana have a great size and sound
    I buy most of wood from a cigar superstore for about $2 per if I buy in any kind of bulk
    My business card models are usually made from the free Arturo Fuentue cardboard boxes I get from a local cigar store that has agreed to display my CBGs along with a local Asian Supermarket, if you can believe it
  • Yes, that is a nice looking box.
  • I like to use La Paz Corona Superior boxes wich hold's 25 tubed cigars whenever i can get them. They are big! In cm's it's 32cm x 23cm x 5cm, in inches that would be 12.6in x 9.01in x 1.97in. The top is a thin solid wood (0.3-4 mm/0.16 in) and the box itself is built like a rock with fingerjointed sides so ithey make pretty good acoustic's for more than 3 string's.

And they are just plain beautifull boxes

2448.jpg

For 3 stringer's i like the smaller Arturo Fuente's or Macanudo's but i take whatever i get.
This reply was deleted.