I love fun and eclectic things... I tinker and make stuff out of found objects and improve other's designs on existing, custom products (shameless plug: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FunEclecticHF).  

I am slowly becoming infected with the CBG and Custom Guitar bug.  I have seen some guitars made from Old Nintendo Consoles and such. I do a lot with books and am wondering if any of you have seen anyone try making a guitar out of an old, vintage book (maybe hollowing out the book or even a semi-hollow body).  In looking online I am not finding anything. 

I am also tinkering with the idea of using an old Mac laptop too (like an old Mac 1400c).  It'd have to be an electric (like the Nintendo console guitars).  

What do ya'll think? What sort of specs would be cool as well?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Old barrel muffler.

• 306171622?profile=originalBagel Bow

• I don't believe this one... that's crazy.  I'd like to here it...  How the heck can it be real unless the bagel is not real?

• Brain I found this picture at the McCabe's guitar shop http://www.mccabes.com/

not just a guitar store but a great music place in Southern California.

You want that toasted?

#37: The Barcus® Bagel

Originally built as a musical instrument, this unique specimen was later used to investigate the velocity of sound in a bagel (eventually determined to be approximately 256 meters/second). Amazingly, this single-stringed delicacy has been kept in tune for over twenty years! It is a tribute to the engineering of the bagel that, although it is deviating from its original roundness, it still retains structural integrity. Cream cheese available upon request.

• I want a bagel bow!

• Randy Martin made this canjo.

306165021?profile=original

• 2 stringer....

306166000?profile=RESIZE_480x480

• ...and it looks like it's resting on a meat freezer, of all things.  How appropriate!  lol  

How do you even play that thing?  Does the "gun stock" not make it hard to hold and play?

This reply was deleted.