I just finished my website to start selling my cbg, take a look and let me know what you think and if I should change or add anything.  I’m in the process to adding on each for sale cbg either audio files so people can hear what they sound like plugged and unplugged before they buy one or video. (was one of the suggestion from someone on the forums)

Comments are appreciative.

Oh my ghosh....lol

here's the link

www.thompsoncbg.com

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Josh,

The website looks great!

I would however change the History page, as it seems to have been copied from wikipedia (as you said in a previous post). Duplicate content can affect the way in which the search engines display your website. It might not make a difference, but I'm not an expert in SEO. Also do you have permission for the pictures on the History page? Again if you don't have permission I don't think it's a big deal, but the owner might ask you to take them down.

The rest of the website looks really good and is well thought out, the guitars look great too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duplicate_content

• Thanks for the info but I double checked on this before I use it:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Terms_of_use

In middle of page is says:

"You are free to:

• Read and Print our articles and other media free of charge.
      • Share and Reuse our articles and other media under free and open licenses.
      • Contribute To and Edit our various sites or Projects.

As far as SEO, yes this is true to a point, but I really don't care if my history pages doesn't come up on Google, they should go to wiki over my site to fine out the history, it's something extra is someone is looking around my site.  It only penalizes that one page not to show up on search engines not the whole site, which is no big deal.

Thanks for the concern, everything helps.

• Just my 2 cents worth on custom orders...best to have some stock built up before taking on custom orders...

• Upon clicking DETAILs of the CBGs I could not find information on what KEY they play in, the scale length, how many frets?

• Good catch, I'll put what key I tune them to, but really you can tune them to anything you want so does that really matter?  I plan on making a video for each one so they can hear what key, etc.

As far as the other details, scale length, how many frets, etc..... does the normal person wonder about details like this or just us that make cbg?  I thought about putting detailed info like that but then didn't because I thought it would be unless information that very few people would care about and understand.  There's a lot of times people put unless information just to put it..... I like the phrase "Less is More."

What's everyone's thoughts on the details, should I add it or leave it off?

• Put the detail info on a sticker inside the box, if necessary. The nerdy details are just for the Addicted, and the true Seeker with guitaristic knowledge would / should contact you, anyway.

IMHO. Your site, your rules.
        • Great info, thanks.

• As far as the custom orders go, I've done some eCommerce website before so I have a pretty good handle on how I'm going to do this and make it easy.  I'm going to make it real simple for customer and for me, they have a selection processes such as:

Online Step process

1. They pick their box (from the pictures I will poster of all the boxes, probably around 5-10 different boxes)

2. Pick what kind of wood for neck (will be 3-4 different types to choose from with pictures)

3. Pick their hardware (from the pictures I post, will be 2-3 selections)

4. Select their tuning heads (black, gold, silver and style from the pictures)

5. Select if they want frets or fretless (example pictures to show)

6. Select if they want it electric or not

7. Select if they want the neck stained (selection from 4 different stains I've done, pictures provided)

and any other selection I want to give them so I don't have to make any decision for them.  The more selection you give the customer the less you have to make decisions, all I have to do it put it together and ship it.  Doing it this way, if the customer isn't happy with there cbg it is the combination they choose, so it all comes back on the customer not yourself, this protects you. 

Never give yourself the option to make a decision for them or they will always find something they didn't like and will cause headaches down the road.  It also makes them feel like they were part of the building process, it makes them feel good, which in turnaround... possible repeat customers.  A happy customer is a great customer who then will tell others about you.   A mad customer spreads like wild fire, give them no reason to be mad.  :-)

• Awesome guys, thanks guys for all the comments, that's why I wanted it for comments before I blast it out to the world, I get right on fixing. 

Funny thing on the history page....I copy pasted that straight from wiki, but I'll change it to make it much better, thanks.  :-)

• Josh,

I knew I'd seen that Wiki before ;-). Agree with Eric, your prices are almost too good! Should have folks bangin' down your e-door. If that's how you intend doing custom (form / menu), then they only have themselves to blame;-)
      The gits look great, and so does the site.
This reply was deleted.