Replies

• For a piezo, I personally would not bother with a volume pot...  Just adjust at the amp.  The signal on a piezo is not very strong (HOT), so you don't need to turn it down to keep the amp from distorting anyway...

• http://handmademusicclubhouse.com/forum/topics/piezo-in-teh-tone-ci...      explains it better than me Wayfinder

• i've generally used b500's with either a 0.01u ceramic,or a .047u foil capacitor,1 interesting 1 i tried came from an idea from Madurobob,which was to use a piezo in place of the capacitor,you get the high bleed down,plus when wound right up,you feed a little bit of the piezo into it,sort of an onboard gain

• Hi,

Sorry, I have been tied up all day with work. Thank you for the replies and discussion that has been prompted. I have now ordered the 500s and will hopefully have them quickly (I ordered a bunch of other stuff at the same time so hopefully once they arrive I can really get the ball rolling. I am already behind where I would like to be. It's just a lot to learn so took time ordering to make sure I was getting everything I needed.

Thanks everybody for the help,
    Mike
  • I,ve found a lot of variation with tone controls,no consistancy,even when identical methods used,i don't bother any more until i find some standard to work to

• Yep,my bad Wayfinder,they do slightly bleed highs,but this raises another question,with vol controls on guitar,plus amp,and maybe pre amp as well,are the losses accumulative?If so it would seem to make sense to run amp and pre amp on or near full and control volume from guitar,does that sound right?

• What type of pickup, piezo or magnetic?

• wayfinder,i think those results you posted relate to pots used for a tone control,not volume

This reply was deleted.