Replies

• i've bought a bunch of 10k pots for a few pence each -they work great with piezo discs, prob no use with mag pup but nice to be able to turn down,or up on board...imo

• Some buyers do appreciate having the controls on-board. I personally think that they are a waste of circuitry and add an element of resistance that yields moderate benefit. But I do add pots pretty often, so what do I know? 

• Big thank you all for the help !  Much appreciated.

Moving on fearlessly to the soldering iron and jack ............. having fun here guys, that's the idea right ? -:))

• Vincent,

Fun is what it's really all about; everything else is just noise.
    • You nailed it Oily! If it ain't fun, DON"T DO IT!!!!

• I think you should put one for sure. You can use it to turn it up louder. Which is real handy for rock n roll
  • not  important at all   .  leave  it  out    and  you   will  have  less      ground  issues  etc  ,

wire   straight to   jack   it should be  fine .  even  sound  a bit  hotter  .   your  amp  has  a volume control  ,  hence  you  don't   "need"   it    if you are using  it  at  home  etc .

for  stage   use  ,, there are also  pedals   etc .. to  get around   no  volume control   . 

you  should  be  ok  for  not  having to  ground  it  without    a  pot too .

as an option   , you  can also  buy  pre-wired  sets  with  vol/tone controls  . 

gitty  sells them  here  .

i don't   put  controls  in my swamp witches  . ;-)

• I bought 2 of those pre-wired jobbies and won't do it again.  One had a broken lead on the pup and the other had a broken lead on the jack.  Thank you, but I'll just omit the pots.  Everyone knows when you leave the pot off, it is hard-wired to 11.

• YEAHHH!!!!! Not pot equals SUPER_HOT!!!!!

• That's cuz there's no controlling an S-Witch...if she wants to play, she'll tell you how and where to press the secret spot on her G-string >:-E
This reply was deleted.