Several users have noticed that some of their videos they have posted no longer play when they used to before. They may just show the Replay or Share icon, or they just sit and won't buffer at all.

I have reported this to Ning Support, and they have asked for a bunch of examples of videos that have this problem.

Please cut and paste a link of your video/s into this thread, and I will ask Ning to monitor it, instead of me emailing them link after link.

Here are some of mine that won't play:

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/video/neanderpaul-greenscreen

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/video/basicnecklayout

Thanks

Dan

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have sent the HelpDesk another message. We shall see what they say, but I am not getting my hopes up.

• i wish u'd all embed from youtube...

then theyd work on my ipad etc..

• I usually upload to YouTube and only load directly on CBN when YouTube isn't working off my phone or tablet for some unknown reason.  The uploads to YouTube are faster and easier.

• Kid,

Yep, I have the same issue on my iPad, but also on my work PC. Sometimes, it's our network.

Dan,

Can we send out a blanket "Hey, everyone who loads videos on CBN: please post 'em to YouTube first, then embed them on CBN" kinda message? Given that your hopes are not in an inflatable state?

• I agree.

dunno if Gitts pays for the storage or not, or if it has limits, but i see no reason why you wouldn't offload the video hosting to someone else if its free.  If this problem is recent, perhaps its cos this network has grown so exponentioally?

Just embed ur videos from you tube pls folks.  Theres only advantages to doing it that way as I see it.

• It seems to be only the ones that are loaded directly to the site. The YouTube ones are fine.

I have sent numerous messages to Ning, but no resolution yet. I may ping them again to see if they found anything, but last time I checked, their answer was to upload them again. But if you do that, you can't move all the comments from the old one to the new one.

• Yep the ones I directly loaded onto here have stopped, my youtube embedded ones are fine...

• It's still happening. I often get " an error occurred. Please try again later." And many, many vids only load the first 15-30 seconds. Mine still work, but like SlowHound, maybe that's because I load them to YouTube first.
  • For what it's worth, all of mine are fine. They were all uploaded from youtube if that matters.

This reply was deleted.