Cigar Box Nation member, Del Puckett just posted this amazing video showing the idea, creation and gifting of a custom cigar box guitar to music legend, Tommy Emmanuel.  Then they jam.  You're gonna love this...

Views: 1588

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's only one way to describe this "Classic, from Beginning to End!"  Great Work, and Congrats! 

Great Video. On the build and performance.

My wife and I have been to a few VIP events at  local Johnny Lang shows.  I would love to give him one of my builds.  

My playing skills would not allow me to play along with a skilled player.

Again Great Video!

What a terrific experience that you shared. I had the opportunity to see Tommy in concert - what a great guy and performer!!!! Thanks for sharing Del!

Crack open a bottle of  awesome sauce  ;-) congrats  on a great experience 

Tommy is a great bloke. we had a master class with him here in Brisbane around 1989 . he got held up and was about 40 minutes late.. kept apologising and our 1 hour class ( about 50 people) turned into over 2 hours.  Brilliant player and so was his brother. 

Hi, yes I also did a workshop with him years ago. He was friends with a mate of mine back in the early 1980's and I got invited back to his motel room. I took a recently built guitar for him to look at and his first comment was "you've put the strings on wrong". 

But he did make one encouraging observation, he said that, that small bodied, "000" size ish guitar, sounded like a big Gibson. I was happy with that.

Oh, and I have not changed the way I install strings, the method was shown to me by the late Bill May, owner of Maton Guitars at that time, Tommys guitar sponsor.

Taff

yes Taff thats how he started the show. got his Maton out took the strings off put a new set on and and showed us how he likes to string..lol 2 hr later at the end he said "you have now heard the death of a set of strings"!! they were noticably duller than when he started.. his 2 hr of playing is more like my 2 months...lol

Wow!!! Awesome stories and memories!! I've had the privilege of attending two of his workshops ... very inspiring!!!!

That's awesome. I hope he starts playing it regularly on stage.

That is fantastic!

Awesome! I tried similar project for the Bacon Brothers but there was no meet and greet at the concert and their manager was a real dick to me about it  when I asked for him and asked if he would arrange a brief meeting after the concert so I could give them the guitars I built  for them. So I have gifted BOTH of the CBGs I built for them instead to my friends.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Im Troubled (Tribute) Mc K Morganfield by BCB - A.D .Eker 2024.

"Thank you Poorness ! for loving it ! appreciated!"
10 hours ago
Southern Ray replied to Timothy Hunter's discussion just came accross this pickup idea on youtube.
" Very interesting. Thank you Timothy!"
10 hours ago
Kent Thurston updated their profile
11 hours ago
Southern Ray posted a photo

Punch Project!

She now sports gold metal CBGitty knobs, speaker and an Artec 2.5 watt speaker. Finished this in…
11 hours ago
Southern Ray posted a photo

Project Punch!

Gonna finally get back on this long-delayed project that is more than half complete. (The matching…
12 hours ago
Poorness Studios liked A.D.EKER's video
13 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Rob (Uker) Porras
"Hope this helps?"
14 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Dueling Flatheads

"I appreciate the kind words Papa D! I have always loved the look of these cigar boxes. Glad to have…"
16 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
20 hours ago
A.D.EKER posted a video

Im Troubled (Tribute) Mc K Morganfield by BCB - A.D .Eker 2024.

The recorded History By Alan Lomax for the library of Congres of the Blues, from Mc Kinley Morganfield (Aka Muddy Waters) the in this take recorded Tribute ...
20 hours ago
Papa D commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Dueling Flatheads

"Beautiful..Nice work Doug.."
yesterday
Papa D commented on Papa D's photo
Thumbnail

american1 Sun Glo

"Thanx AGP & Doug..  4 more coming soon"
yesterday

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->