Replies

• cool pic I understand what you mean. Thanks :-D
    Wichita Sam said:
    Michael,

Mountain dulcimer builders have been doing this for over 100 years... I am assuming that your neck is glued to the top? If so, you ought to be able to remove up to 1/2 of thickness of the neck to create a strum channel with very little threat to the integrety of the neck..

Here a view of a "strum channel" on a dulcimer....

Hope it helps...

the best,

Wichita Sam

Michael Carnright said:
    Thanks! You mean scoop out wood where the strumming occurs? I can try that :-D I'll have to be carefull that I don't take out too much since the strings put stress on that area.

Wichita Sam said:
    Michael,

Nice first CBg.... I would if it would be more playable if you cut a "strum channel" ala' mountain dulcimers. I did that with the canjos I build and they became much easier to play... I like the sound hole corners...

the best,

Sam
  • Michael, Mountain dulcimer builders have been doing this for over 100 years... I am assuming that your neck is glued to the top? If so, you ought to be able to remove up to 1/2 of thickness of the neck to create a strum channel with very little threat to the integrety of the neck.. Here a view of a "strum channel" on a dulcimer....

Hope it helps... the best, Wichita Sam Michael Carnright said:
    Thanks! You mean scoop out wood where the strumming occurs? I can try that :-D I'll have to be carefull that I don't take out too much since the strings put stress on that area.

Wichita Sam said:
    Michael,

Nice first CBg.... I would if it would be more playable if you cut a "strum channel" ala' mountain dulcimers. I did that with the canjos I build and they became much easier to play... I like the sound hole corners...

the best,

Sam
  • Thanks! You mean scoop out wood where the strumming occurs? I can try that :-D I'll have to be carefull that I don't take out too much since the strings put stress on that area.

Wichita Sam said:
    Michael,

the best,

Sam
  • Michael,

the best,

Sam
  • very interesting guitar, nice build.
  • Very nice!! Good job!!!
This reply was deleted.