I get countless emails from injured Veterans and older people who tell me that they would love to learn but fear that their disabilities will prevent them from learning how to play a cigar box guitar. This video will show you that you can do ANYTHING you set you mind to.

to learn more click here http://www.homemade-guitars.com/  it will blow you away!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  I didn't know if I was going to joint this site until I saw The CBG's for Service Members Group. It a great Idea. You can also donate guitars and amp to some of the V.A. Hospitals. Call and check your local places you can save a lot on shipping and get them to people who would love to have them this is Awesome stuff.

• 306274173?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• 306275063?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024These are the slides that I've made.  They're basically two pieces of pipe, one is stainless and one is copper, which have been drilled through and threaded with a piece of ordinary elastic from the supermarket haberdashery section.  Hope this is useful to you guys.

• that is really awesome! This info and photos will be of great use to others here...wow way cool...more songs soon!

• 306274516?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• 306271573?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024If it's of any help to anyone else, here are a few photos of the picks and slides I use.  The picks are just cable ties / tie wraps which you can pick up at any DIY / hardware store.  I basically do them up tight enough so they don't fall off, but not too tight to cut off the blood supply!  Then cut the end off with approximately half an inch to spare which is the plectrum.

• Rad, man!  Great cover.  Sounds like we all look forward to more!  As a military member, soon to be retired,  I think it's awesome you are putting this out there and showing our Wounded Warriors and others in a similar situation that you can do whatever you want and kick ass while doing it.

• Does not matter if you were ever in the military or not. The point is you can really play and the cbg is a killing machine in your capable arms. Really a great version of this song. I loved it.

• Wow!

If I had just heard the audio, I would of thought that this was really good!!!!!!

• Erm, I don't quite know what to say except thanks for all the kind words about my music.  I don't really think I'm a role model, just your average bloke who likes to write and play music and wail over the top of it!  In answer to your question, I'm not a veteran and have never been in the military.  It's just a random, unexplained birth defect, so I guess it's not a big deal to me.  I'd imagine that it must be more difficult for anyone who has lost a limb/limbs, whether it be in the forces or in everyday civillian life.  I never had any hands in the first place, but if you had them and then didn't, it must be much more difficult because you'd need to relearn everything.  Anyway, thanks again for all your comments and I'll have another video or two up soon of original stuff this time.

This reply was deleted.