Just found this guy a couple of days ago. He is a long time guitar player but only a few months on a cigar box guitar. He already has tons of content on his youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAD4RhswSUBY8FQK5OTtHMA/playlists

Enjoy,

Russ

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was lucky enough to see his first video when it only had 20 or 30 views. Been following him ever since, which in reality is not a very long time, he's a prolific up loader and has a ton of easy to follow videos. I would also recommend Del Puckett to improve your playing. 

• Thank you so much for posting Uncle Mark!!!

• Great resource for a beginner, thanks for the hint

• now i cant stop playing La Grange...lol got to watch some more videos...

• "Just Got Paid" is big fun too. Too bad I can't play it at speed, but I'll get there. LOL

• I checked him out and now wish those lessons had been around when I started in 07' or so.  Good lessons.  Detailed.  Well explained.  More theory than some folks would want.  I may look some more, but the truth is, I am kind of settled into doing the simple stuff I do. 

• You don't need to know any of the theory to play the songs since he shows exactly how to play them. As he says he just keeps throwing the theory out there so it can be learned by osmosis instead of trying to memorize everything.

• If you’re learning to play 3-string CBG, want to take your playing to the next level, or just want some new songs to play; Uncle Mark is a must check out. Very useful material!!!

• I’m using his videos everyday.

• If you’re learning to play 3-string CBG, want to take your playing to the next level, or just want some new songs to play; Uncle Mark is a must check out. Very useful material!!!

This reply was deleted.