This must have been asked before, but I can't find a relevant thread using the search function.

Is there a reliable (and cheapish) supplier of good quality cigar boxes in the UK, or do I have to keep paying stupid postage to get them from the USA?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hi

plain wooden boxes are pretty cheap on amazon if you dont mind doing your own artwork  good sizes are available

• My first build was done with a box that tea came in as a holiday presentation gift.  Anyone drink tea in the UK?  Seriously, twenty pound for a box?!!  I wouldn't dare cut into it.  How about using a pressed metal tin that candy comes in?  I have some great inexpensive suppliers, sources protected.  I would offer to work out some sort of exchange, but from what I am hearing, the big expense is postage and import fees.  For 26 pounds, I would get a decent sheet of 3mm mahogany plywood and knock together my own boxes.  If the box looks too plain, why not add the sides of a six pack carrier to the top?  For an example, take a look at the blue build that I posted.  That's simply the side of a six pack carrier, cut and glued on with Mod Podge.

• I'm biting the bullet today, I'm getting 20 boxes for £100 but a lot of that is postage.  So £5 a box (all large boxes) seems a decent deal considering it will probably last me a year. I'm thinking of doing this kind of thing with other parts (wood, strings, tuners etc) and bulk buy one item per month so that I never run out. I've always only ever got enough parts for 1 or 2 guitars at a time which is frustrating when there's no decent shops near you.

• Hi, if you need some cheap boxes just contact me i have loads as my friend has a cigar store and is always trying to get rid of his boxes. They are mainly partagas serie d shaped boxes. This box is ideal to make guitars. 27cm (L) 13.5 (W) 5cm (H)

• I get mine here...

http://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/empty-cigar-boxes-medium-size-lucky-p-711...

So I get 3 for £19.50 inc del, which compared to the eBay ones is a good deal. The only problem is the lucky dip, you don't know what you are going to get as regards size, make or colour.  What you do get, however, is a very good condition box.  I've not been disappointed so far.  If you want to gamble go with them. I think the eBay ones are over priced mostly but I've had some crackers from there.

• Cheers, I'll give this a go - it's more in line with my budget.

• That's a very good deal , but he's selling them as " empty cigarboxs " where as the ebay seller is selling them for making cigarbox guitars , it's a  empty box and what it's used for is up to the buyer so I don't see why we should have to pay these prices just because we make guitars out of them .

I bid for my boxes I don't buy from a seller how just sells cigarboxes .

•  

Here's a Ebay link , he sells all sorts of sizes of cigarboxes ,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cigar-Box-for-crafts-handbags-jewellry-bo...

• £26....!!!   he's the most expensive - i can buy them from USA  a lot cheaper (-;

This reply was deleted.