Uh...Whoops!

Well, while trying to retrofit my first build with a pickup, I--uhhh--used a little too much tool and not enough patience.  I managed to completely shatter the box top..and the neck.  Better if you don't ask... 

Flew it right into the ground.  Shucks, darn and other things. 

Anyway, I learned a lot on that initial build, and I'm learning a lot on the second. which is (so far) better in everyway than the first, although redwood is awful to work with.  But hey, it was what I had around the house and I'm trying to keep in the spirit--the only "new" item on the new build will be the box, purchased for $1.75.  If I can refrain from breaking this one long enough to take some pics, I'll post up.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just got to feel for ya mate, done a few things like that, Dad always said "measure twice, cut once" What would he know he was a salesman, turns out he knew quite a bit....and as they say "Learn from your mistakes" I am sure its half the fun.
  • Not a large investment it may not be, but I know the pain of something you created becoming junk! I feel for ya, but take that and run with whats learned! Cant wait to see # 2 in all it's glory!
  • Try putting the neck on the router to round off the back of the neck, only to find you routed the fingerboard side instead....scratch one neck.

We all have done stuff like that...just another excuse to build another one!! Onwards and upwards!!
  • Everything in life should be a lesson learned. To echo Wade, at least the lesson is relatively inexpensive.
    Ok, enough philosophy. Man, that stinks... and it was your 1st too. Double stink.
  • I'm sure if Pete Townshend built a cbg it would look the same way!!! That's what's great about these builds-at least theres not a large investment. Hope to see your next build soon.
  • AAAAAaauuuuuuuuhhhhhhh! What a bummer! Dude I feel for ya. I can't tell you how many times I munged up a box or did something bone-headed on my part.

On the upside, this is a great reason to start on your second... third... fourth...

-WY
This reply was deleted.