Recently finished my roasting pan git. Birch ply top, red oak neck and fretboard. Bone nut and wood/corian bridge. Spatula tailpiece. This git has double-coursed strings .046/.026 - .036/.017 - .026/.013, tuned Ee/Bb/ee, so each string set is tuned one octave apart, like a 12 string set up. I luv this git! It's huge, heavy, and soooo much volume and tone from a metal pan acoustic. I played this in my booth at a local art show this past Saturday, and the response was eye-opening. Folks were blown away.."a turkey pan?" This is my 61st build, and is far and away my favorite of all time. Until, perhaps, the next one, right?

20170811_124356.jpg

20170811_124415.jpg

20170811_124454.jpg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• great job.,.,nice guit.,.,bet it sounds nice.,.,

• That looks awesome, Grandpa! I've seen them built with the top of the pan used as the resonating soundboard but not seen them built this way before. They sound fantastic the resonator way but I'm willing to bet this sounds equally as great. Shall we look forward to hearing and seeing a video of this one soon?

• Thanks, Dani & Bear. We'll see. I'm not sure I'm much of a player, but at age 67, I don't give a crap so much any more, either. I'll see about having one of my grandkids make a video and uploading it. Thanks again.

This reply was deleted.