Tuning

I posted this earlier in the wrong group I think I'm making my 3rd build it's a license plate resonator for my nephew he plays bass guitar I was thinking of doing it as a 4 string and tune it like a bass guitar with eadg to ease the playing curve anyone ever ran tuning like this

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• AJ called it Arkansas tuning, the lower 4 strings of a guitar (and all 4 strings of a bass)

Is he going to play the resonator as a bass?

• No not as a bass just figured it would play easier for him thanks

• I recon if he can play bass, he'd work out how to play any tuning. He might find more songs on here to play if using a popular 4 string tuning. He's still gotta learn to play guitar unless He's going to play bass lines, just a thought.

Taff

• You mean standard tuning? I have a bass tuned that right now. And a guitar sitting behind me in standard as well. I played standard tuning for years. Truth is when I got my first CBG I had no idea how to play a 1,5,8 tuning. So I cheated and tuned it to A,D,G. : ) 

Totally awesome of you to make it tuned the way his bass is. This way he''ll pick it up and be able to play it right away. 

• That was my idea was to make an easier adjustment figured it would play the same then thanks

This reply was deleted.