Replies

• Thank you, all.  I wasn’t sure I would get a response, as there isn’t tons of info on Jimi.  A great blues player and a great rock star.  I was excited to see the pic and I see now how fake it is.  Guess I wanted to believe it.  So Thanks for the additional info.  I enjoyed the thread.  

• Cheers Tim . If he was alive today ,  I'm sure fender woulda screwed him over by now .... and he'd be playin a swamp witch ;-) 

" but don't quote me on that "  lol.

• Not that a Swamp Witch is a compromise

• lol.. flattery will get you everywhere .. here's a 10 percent  coupon on a swampy . ;-)

• Al also tells a story of the one string broomstick in the Jimi Hendrix movie from 71’ & I’m sure there’s a 1000 Jimi stories, but that’s all here-say cuz we never seen  him play anything but a loud fuzzed up guitar most of the time :)

• Photo is a Fake photoshop .. and poorly done .. note the strap pin to nowhere .. and the original.

sadly , it has fooled many .

2517618015?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Of course it’s fake, but Hendrix did have one?

• It would seem  he did .  Even though there is some misinformation ,  some mixed stories  , and unsupported claims  stating he played a cbg , the book (Becoming Jimi Hendrix) (in my opinion) seems to  have the only legit feel to such claim , even going as far to describe the guitar in question ..  here's a  screen grab.......................................................................

2530351203?profile=RESIZE_710x

2530363583?profile=RESIZE_710x

..............................................................................................................

This also somewhat explains Al , a broomstick, etc  being tossed into  the stories.

but we may never know the real story .

;-)

ps ..Just to add a monkey wrench into the works .. here's a real photo ,, and jimi seems to be playing a broom . (unfortunatly , many say the photo was kind of a lark and "staged" and part of a 20  photo set they just got fun with this one, and used tools that were at hand due to construction going on  at the venue at the time .  That explains the hammer  , and saw  , and broom ... but a rattle ? ...or is that a hammer too...hummmmm.. lol.  ;-)

2530728944?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Al Hendrix actually made it for him, but it had a broomstick neck & broom wire string, unlike the one in the pic? I’m sure there’s a joke in there I’m not getting  :)

This reply was deleted.