Travel Guitar

The missus and I like to tool around the country via two wheels. However having recently become addicted to CBGs was having a problem figuring how to pack one to take it along. The necks are to long to fit in the panniers and the body takes up too much rooms. After a couple or three failed experiments this is what I came up with. 

An old license plate and a length of 3/4 aluminum tubing; 2 strings, no frets. 

Breaks down into two pieces via wing nuts. 

The neck mounts on the outside and the body goes inside since it is flat and does not take up much space. 

Works good I think. 

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yup!!     ;-)

• I travelled around France for 2 months with a CBG in my back pack. It worked very well. There was a hinge where the neck joined the body and a reverse hinge half way down the neck. It folded up into just over s cigar box length. I had no trouble with string breakage. The action was high so it was only suitable to be played with a slide. It took about 1 minute to set up and retune. Will post photo in a couple of days.

• 306146222?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• 306146333?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Here are more pictures306148484?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• waay cool, but that would take up my entire side bag. I suppose I could try to talk the missus into letting me put it in her side.  But I value my life to much for that. 

• Demo Tape  ; )

http://youtu.be/EbympRyk3i0

This reply was deleted.