Just wanted to thank whoever it was that posted a link to get the free TDL Kotelnikov compressor and VOS slick EQ plug ins. I have been using them inside Sony Acid music studio for a few weeks now, and yes, they are EXTREMELY good. Using them has made me realise that a lot of what I was mixing previously was out of focus, and not formally precise. Its as if these tools (especially the EQ) literally bring out just about every bit of sonic potential captured by the microphones, and can alter the character of the sound, and its formal structure, without it getting distorted or sounding like ring modulation if you overdo it as happens with (eg) the efx that come with the sony software. Its awesome when all of a sudden the mix comes to life when the EQ is adjusted, and it still sounds musical etc. They really do assist in the process of mixing the sound together into a whole structure and getting rid of the sloppy "thats good enough" outlook. If you record stuff on your computer, I definately recommend these tools

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.