I recently scored a bunch of these tobacco tins at a flea market.  

I have no idea what to do with them, so I posted a survey on Cigar Box Nation: Facebook for ideas.  I'm posting some of them below.  

Have you made instruments out of these?  Post pics and descriptions in the comments!

Zach Giambalvo - Effects pedals

William Scott - pocket Amps

Dana Weigel - Microphone

Andrew Burick - Make some canjos!

George Brunner - Pedals, or powered pickup battery boxes with treble bass and distortion knobs.  Or a bridge for a lap steel.

Zachariah B Adams - Resonators

Darryl Kernaghan - Kalimba

Michael Hutson Baby - ukes

Bob Harrison -  I made a reso out of them

David Patterson - Tinkulele...

Jonathan M. Greiner - A box guitar to hold strings,pics,and tip money. Or a belt buckle... amp

Todd Mayo Mini - diddly bow.

Joseph Cerroni - Diddley bow bridge.

Dwane Reese - Ok , cover for your headstock. Done right the tuners would look cool coming through the tins. ?

Adam Wilken - A banjo, a mando and a 3 string slide guitar

Shawn Mattox - Zz top uses those to hold their wireless rigs attached to their guitar straps. Prince Albert brand. 

Joey Delgado - Reverb tanks

Chris Schoolcraft - Why not a cigar box harmonica

Allen Scaff - Guitar strap turn buckle

Alex Bartman - 9volt powered belt clip amps.

Jeremy S Huddleston - cow bells!

Brydon Barclay - One of those nail harp things.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Shielded Amplifiers!

• Pocket amp

• I built a couple small 3 string ukes for my boys.  Tuned C,E,A. floating banjo style bridge.
    306582677?profile=original

• i think that is so cool ukes.out of tobacco tins i might try making tobacco tin banjos 2 strings with a half banjo string. witch is the 5th string all i need to learn is how to make the neck part of the tobacco tin banjo?  BigJay can i ask what kind of wood did you use for the neck and head of the instrument? i would like to learn how to make it myself i got tobacco tins couple of them and like to make them into tobacco tin 2 and half string banjos or ukes or when ever. please send me a reply of what you think Tyler Jones

• Thanks Tyler, both necks are made from 100 year old barn wood. The Prince Albert one has an oak neck and the bore cleaner can has a pine neck.

• Put em on a strap like a bandolier. Make sure there's a coupla stogies in one, picks in another, slides in a third, and turn one into a flask.
    • A FLASK!!!!

• https://www.amplifiedparts.com/tech-corner/spring-reverb-tanks-expl...

Like the spring reverb tank idea.

• That's cool

• how about a new name tobacco tinjo just sayin yawl

This reply was deleted.